SAU Community

Shockworks Presents Round 9 - Sandown Raceway 1st Oct | Grand Final Day

acsplit

Cams Manual Schedule D - Apparel

http://docs.cams.com.au/Manual/GeneralRequirements/GQ05-Schedule-D-2016-1.pdf

We're "Race" / "Multi Club"... So Helmet level is "B"...

In the table it seems to list "E22 (with 03, 04 or 05 amendments)" which looks like your helmet. But don't quote me on that, that table is confusing as hell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OYEAHA said:

Ha ha yeah thanks for that@Odium i found that table super confusing too ! Just strange you dont need a as/nzs sticker on a road approved helmet

Sorry was busy earlier could not reply in length.

the ECE is accepted by vic roads as well now so it's not just CAMS that are accepting it.

so Snell, ECE, AS and BS we accept.

• Like 1

Thanks Martin :)

Yep in my search for the answer I came across an article saying that they were road legal in Victoria since mid 2015, but still illegal if you travel to certain other states on your motorbike (ridiculous considering that you can be considered "Safe" in a $75 helmet, but not in a $750 helmet)

Thanks for the clarification

Hello :-)
I just bought a fire extinguisher, its a 1kg cams approved, the date on the neck is 03 2016. The lovely man at the shop assured me that it was the make date i just want to confirm. Is it valid 3yrs from that date? Im having trouble getting my head around whats an expiry date/make date. Any help would be appreciated. Tegan

19 minutes ago, fdrx7 said:

Hello :-)
I just bought a fire extinguisher, its a 1kg cams approved, the date on the neck is 03 2016. The lovely man at the shop assured me that it was the make date i just want to confirm. Is it valid 3yrs from that date? Im having trouble getting my head around whats an expiry date/make date. Any help would be appreciated. Tegan

Yes that is correct. 3 years from manufacture date

Unless it specifically says "Expiry Date" then consider it a Manufacture date, as different uses have different time spans (for the same equipment)... Stupid I know.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2016 at 10:35 PM, acsplit said:

I was just about to post this, yep contact brendan during office hours garage $50 can fit two cars

Damn that's cheap, PI was like 4 times that