SAU Community

Famous Insurance - Who has made a claim with them

acsplit

The problem is, offering a reasonable premium often goes hand in hand with being stingy during the claim/repairs/payout process

My last claim with Shannon's was going to be a month and a half to get out to my repairer of choice, or it could be the next week if I went with their shitty everyday repairer. Surely famous can't be any worse than that?

For the people interested in track insurance - have we heard of anyone claiming through it successfully? I feel like there would be a ton of conditions attached to that.

Lots of them cover stolen tools / equipment in the pits as well... That said, I've been to many a track day and never heard of someone stealing anything from trackside. Everyone there is there for the same reason, stealing isn't one of them.

Maybe its a bit different at a VN Commodore Club skid day though...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I can vouch for them with claims now. (Poor Cubey)

They have fantastic claims service. Very prompt assessing and generous with repairs. I've got the 14 day hire car option too which was handy & they've refunded for that within 24 hours of me sending them the receipt for hire car.

Cubey was un driveable and they'd managed to assess and approve within 8 days, should have it back this week - 3weeks later, though this wasn't their fault, the hold up has been with getting parts, They had approved all new parts however we couldn't afford to be without the car 12 weeks (no new panels in Australia - had to boat from Japan!) so we opted to go for good second hand/reconditioned panels and the panel shop had to find some and get them in.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My gf has a MX5 with Famous which met an unfortunate end. 

The claim process was actually really quite painful, to the point of us having to submit news articles and information from the bureau of meteorology that it was actually raining the day of the accident, even though there was a pretty obvious tree-shaped hole in the front of the car. (She hit a tree on a nature strip!)

They did eventually pay out the insurance, though, but for some reason they went full audit on her particular claim in a way I've not really seen from any other insurer.