SAU Community

Gaming PC Build

GH05T

On 9/5/2016 at 7:40 AM, Anfanee said:

I just got this (literally 2 weeks ago) and it is fantastic for gaming.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/31877/acer-xb270h-g-27in-g-sync-144hz-gaming-monitor

Acer XB280HK 28in 4K G-Sync

I recon its worth the extra $85, 1 extra inch but it takes it to 4k.

as i can only run 1 screen  ( i will run a secondary screen to watch movies on while playing stuff) but i dont have room for the 3 screen i wanted for gaming. im looking into the possibility of running 1 very large screen. like a 32-34inch, more money yes, but might be worth it for a single monitor setup. 

Edited by GH05T

28" is 60hz @ 4k

27" is 144hz @ 1080

Personally i would go the 27" 144hz @ 1080. 144hz feels A LOT nicer to use even in windows. There is also less strain on the gaming system having to put out 1080 over 4k. That 1070 will struggle a bit on top end games at 4k....

I won't go back to sub 144hz again. 

It'll do 4K gaming for sure. 

But if you want a solid 60fps at all times, you won't be able to run them on Ultra detail.

A good middle ground may be a 1440p monitor at 125hz+ which your 1070 should be able to do.

Otherwise, Anfanee's suggestion is best bang for buck IMO.

Can't wait to see pics of this rig when it's built.

Its not a flashy rig, its got hidden led ring fans which you can just see through the case mesh and glowing ram and a few logos. Thats about it. Thats how i like it, im not a kid anymore :P i almost wanted a solid cube for a case.

Its so quiet though! The thermal take fans with the stepdown cables are so silent. But they work very well. The watercooler again is silent, i keep checking the temps to make sure their doing their job properly.

the corsair link is a good program too, very good to keep an eye on the temps and all the stats, i like stats :)

Was playing a bit of doom last night on ultra everything and it loved it. Much more enjoyable with good smoooooooth gameplay.

Played some no mans sky. That seems to need some optimizing. Unsure if its the game design being procedural generated or if it just needs tweaking but the terrain building ahead when flying in atmosphere is glitchy as f**k.

keen to fire up project cars tonight but even more keen to get my hands on an oculus and play Project C in VR.....

Love the keyboard. i have spent some time setting up the colourscheme for different games (and here me saying im not a kid haha)
my fav colour shceme out of game is white/ pale blue keys which hit red and fade back out, tracing your type.

but games are surprisingly better when your keys are marked for you and the rest blacked out. especially when playing games like Mechwarrior online where you have a decent amount of shit active on the keyboard.

Edited by GH05T

No mans sky is poorly coded. Your PC should feel lovely man, and with a good 144hz G sync monitor for gaming it will be so smooth. 

Realistically you should get 4-5 years out of the processor and stuff. GPU maybe 2 years, it depends on what the gaming industry does. I'm expecting to upgrade my GPU around late next year.

By then a 12xx series will be out. 1180ti or 1260/70/80 will be out. Just replace the card. SLI still isn't worth the dosh for the upgrade. Though G-Sync does fix a lot of the issues SLI had it still is far from perfect. 

• Like 1