SAU Community

Anyone have R34 GTT Nismo Z-Tune Full kit?

Anyone have R34 GTT Nismo Z-Tune Full kit?

Has anyone bought the R34 GTT (Coupe) Nismo Z-Tune Full kit from Jsai? 

http://jsai.com.au/index.php/online-store/nissan/r34-gtt/nissan-r34-gtt-nismo-z-tune-full-kit-detail

I'm interested in buying this kit but it doesn't list what's exactly in this full body kit. Does it come with front bumper, front diffuser, bonnet lip?, side skirts, and rear bumper?

And would I have to trim my GTT bonnet to let the front bumper fit on or is this made for GTT bonnets? 

And hows the quality of these? I've heard Josh's work is pretty good. Cos I just wanna send it to the paint shop and not have to f**k around with imperfections

ok, so I've gone to their GTR Z-tune full kit section:

http://jsai.com.au/index.php/online-store/nissan/r34-gtr/nissan-r34-gtr-nismo-z-tune-style-full-kit-detail

and it says it includes: front bar, front lower diffuser, side skirts (pair), rear pods (pair), and mounting bolts and screws.

so GTT will be the same right? If this is true then that sucks. Because currently I have an ugly Bomex body kit on my GTT (thanks previous owners...). So if I got the Z-tune kit then I would need to get OEM side skirts and rear bar to fit those z-tune skirts and rear pods on correct? cos I pulled the bomex side skirt away a little bit and could see that the OEM side skirt (idk what its called, ill upload a pic) is missing. And the Bomex rear bar is one piece meaning you don't attach rear pods to it.

sideskirt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If you are buying the Z-Tune style kit for a GTT, buy it from the GTT page:
http://jsai.com.au/index.php/online-store/nissan/r34-gtt/nissan-r34-gtt-nismo-z-tune-full-kit-detail

Most bits in the GTR kit will not fit your GTT, front bar won't fit due to the design differences of the GTT and GTR front ends and the rear pods are different shapes between the two. If the previous owner has removed that piece of skirt as well as the factory rear bar you will need to replace whatever is on there first before trying to fit the z tune style parts as they are designed to fit on stock GTT body panels.

As for quality, it's fantastic, I have the pods and skirts on my car and they required no modifications to fit, pics are in by build thread and the link is in my signature. 

On 9/5/2016 at 8:40 PM, Jordy32 said:

If you are buying the Z-Tune style kit for a GTT, buy it from the GTT page:

Most bits in the GTR kit will not fit your GTT, front bar won't fit due to the design differences of the GTT and GTR front ends and the rear pods are different shapes between the two. If the previous owner has removed that piece of skirt as well as the factory rear bar you will need to replace whatever is on there first before trying to fit the z tune style parts as they are designed to fit on stock GTT body panels.

As for quality, it's fantastic, I have the pods and skirts on my car and they required no modifications to fit, pics are in by build thread and the link is in my signature. 

Thanks Jordy. I will have to look into another kit. Maybe Viva Garage, but I've seen some negative feedback from their kits not fitting properly. But I will see.

I had a look at your build thread, very nice. I'm thinking of painting and fitting it myself too (well ill get the hubby to do it haha). What grid did you sand with (before spray) and did you use a plastic primer, or just regular primer?

On 9/8/2016 at 6:31 PM, StaceyR34GTT said:

Thanks Jordy. I will have to look into another kit. Maybe Viva Garage, but I've seen some negative feedback from their kits not fitting properly. But I will see.

I had a look at your build thread, very nice. I'm thinking of painting and fitting it myself too (well ill get the hubby to do it haha). What grid did you sand with (before spray) and did you use a plastic primer, or just regular primer?

Thanks, JSAI is great, just make sure you get the GTT stuff that's all.

I honestly just rubbed it back with scotch brite and used normal primer, being fiberglass paint sticks to it pretty easy! :)

On 9/9/2016 at 4:34 PM, Jordy32 said:

Thanks, JSAI is great, just make sure you get the GTT stuff that's all.

I honestly just rubbed it back with scotch brite and used normal primer, being fiberglass paint sticks to it pretty easy! :)

Awesome. Can I ask, how much paint did you use? I'm thinking of going to supercheap and asking them to make me my color code (GV1). How many coats of primer, base coat and clear did you spray on?

Edited by StaceyR34GTT

On 9/13/2016 at 6:57 PM, StaceyR34GTT said:

Awesome. Can I ask, how much paint did you use? I'm thinking of going to supercheap and asking them to make me my color code (GV1). How many coats of primer, base coat and clear did you spray on?

Bought 2 cans of my colour code, 1 can of primer and a can of clear :)

1 and a bit coats of primer, i think 2-3 coats of red and 2 clear then buffed it back