SAU Community

Clints 32 GTR

Clints 32 GTR

Hey guys, I got this GTR November 2015. Bought it unlicensed and with a blown turbo. Here's a few pics from just after I got it.

As bought2.jpg

As bought3.jpg

Pickup.jpg

Was pretty much stock, I picked up another pair of stock turbo's, Replaced a few bushes/balljoints, fixed a small rust hole in the passenger foot well and went over the pits and got my plates :D

Dec 13th 2015.jpg

floor rust cut out.jpg

One of the first things was a new set of wheels (the silver 17's were ok but not my cup of tea) so picked up a set of 18x10 Grids which I shortly after wrapped with Nexen SU1 275/35-18's all round. (Great all round tyre btw)

floor rust fixed.jpg

Sold the set of Kei Office coil overs as the springs and dampeners were super stiff and Replaced them with a Set of Tein's

Focusing on getting the suspension and driveline at first I soon fitted the following:

-URAS adjustable front upper control arms

-ZSS adjustable front castor arms

-Hicas Eliminator kit

-Rear subframe pineapples

-Diff Pinion bushes

-New tailshaft center bearing

-Torque Split Controller

Since the diff was clunking abit I decided to do a rebuild. I had to pull the diff and take some measurements before I knew exactly what parts I needed to order. I pulled it apart and ordered new bearings, Nismo clutch kit, seals, shims etc Unfortunately there was going to be a 2 week wait for some of the parts.

• Like 1

Sooo since the car was going to be off the road for two weeks I suckered my gf into helping me paint the car :) I did 90% of the prep at home but it helped that I was running a Custom car workshop at the time so took it to work to finish the final prep and lay down the color in the booth. Unfortunately my phone went through the wash a couple months ago and I lost heaps of pics relating to the car... But I did post a few to Facebook so here are those.

Body.jpg

Just after respray 2.jpg

Just after respray 3.jpg

Preppin.jpg

Primer.jpg

Side mirro cover.jpg

Spoiler.jpg

Tail light cover.jpg

Was just a closed door job in the Original Red Pearl Metallic, Had a couple issues but overall very happy with how it turned out and will serve me well until I decide to do a full on respray.

Got the diff back together shortly after but lost all the relatic pics :( Then after abit of driving noticed a relay clicking on and off all the time... Abit of research I discovered it was likely my Hydrogen resi which is part of the AWD system. So grabbed a new item from Kudos motorsport and that sorted that.

Continued buying and fitting various bits and pieces (was sorta addicted to online shopping) ill run through a quick list.

-GTR Tyre valve caps (Ebay)

-Full set of Interior LED globes (Ebay)

-Suede Steering wheel (Ebay)

-New handbrake / shifter boot (Ebay)

-New Interior door handles, Dash Vents, center console surround (Kudos Motorsport)

-Various rubbers & clips (RHD Japan)

-Silk Road front undertray (2nd hand Facebook)

-Nismo Oil cap (Ebay)

-Nismo Center caps (Ebay)

-Fuel tank seal, Brake shim kit, Radiator bushes,  (Kudos Motorsport)

My missus was nice enough to buy me a set of GTR floor mats,dash mat and matching GTR Jumper :D

Next I was after abit more power as to be frank I was quite disappointed in the stock GTR power. Picked up a Nistune, fitted a HKS boost controller and strapped er down on the Dyno... Abit of tinkering saw power climb to just shy of 300rwhp. (lost the pics of most of the dyno sheets on my old phone but I do have this one which was a comparison of my stock turbo 33 to the stock turbo 32r.... Can see how much more responsive the 33 is altho peak power is not as high)

33vsgtr.jpg

Edited by PranK
Fixing pics.
  • Like 4

Anyway since I am planning to move to Tasmania in the very near future I didnt want to go too far from stock as I will need to pass pits again once I move there. So I kept work mainly restricted to replacing anything that needed it... which after noticing a leak from the body of the stock injectors which I soon found out was a common issue I fitted a Turbosmart FPR800 fuel pressure reg, set of 850cc Siemens Deka Injectors, Fuel rail and Walbro 255 fuel pump.

Next one of the front CV boots split, so front Axle rebuild was on the cards. While I was at it I replaced the outer CV joints as well as the boots. Could not find inner CV's so just inspected, re-greased and new boots on that end as well as new diff side seals, front seal and oil.

Before and after of the drivers side axle:

Drivers axel rebuild.jpg

A pair of Stainless split dump pipes came up for sale on facebook so I grabbed them and ordered a front Y-pipe also. here is a comparison next to the stock Y-pipe

front pipe compare.jpgfront pipe compare2.jpg

I found the dump pipe hole where the waste-gate pipe enters the main pipe was actually quite alot smaller then the actual pipe so I got the die grinder out and hogged it out to match the pipe size... here is a before and after (highlighted the hole in the before pic as was hard to see so circled it)

dump pipe hole compare.jpg

Now I was hoping it was going to be quite a easy job to fit the dump pipes and Y-pipe... Turns out I had to remove the Dam turbos again to get both dump pipes off!

I had also noticed the Gearbox mount had sagged abit and the gearbox was occasionally touching the crossmember so grabbed a Nismo strengthened mount and some crossmember bushes... Painted the crossmember while it was off and fitted the new bits.

gearbox crossmember bushes.jpgNismo gearbox mount.jpgpainted gearbox crossmembe.jpg

Edited by PranK
Fixing pics.
  • Like 2

Im sure there is stuff ive missed but thats pretty much up to date... A Haltech PNP came up for sale at the right price so I snapped that up and just been road tuning that lately and enjoying the car... We are getting ready for the big road trip from Perth To Tasmania is this so will be a few more interesting items coming soon.... But this is how she lookes atm.

Clean.jpg

Edited by Clintox
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well no one wins the prize for guessing what it was, but here it is anyway... Since im moving from Perth To Tasmania I decided to drive the GTR across. I had only just done a closed door respray a few months prior so in the interests of protecting the paint I was deciding between either plastidip or Vinyl wrap... until I saw a pic of the 1991 ATCC Bathurst winning GTR which got me thinking. after a few emails I found a sponsor to supply the individual stickers for me (Cheers to Steve at stickerstudio.com.au) so all I had to do was sort out the basic red, white and blue.

b4.jpg

about to go.jpg

about to go1.jpgabout to go2.jpg

We actually left on the 21st Sep and are currently in Whayalla, not too far from Adelaide

Esperance

tank.jpg

Cocklebiddy:

Semi.jpg

SA - WA Border

sa wa.jpg

Edited by Clintox
  • Like 6

What an awesome drive that would be! You'll have driven more in the last week than I have in mine in 5 years!

A lot of Nissan lovers would have got a kick out of seeing that flying through the desert!

Good job.