SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

8 hours ago, usmair said:

Can only work with what we've got.......

Umair , it was great to get your info, what I meant , if it had been the 6266 it would have made the 8374 low end response look even better , but I think the top end would be pretty close with both turbos

Umair,

I took the liberty of converting your results to excel and graphing them vs my pumpgas results (including corresponding boost curves). Looks like my combo of stock-bore 79mm stroker (2.75L) and/or the .92 IWG housing turbo is making a bit more bottom end than yours (below 4500 rpms), but obviously with higher boost and E85 you're crushing me anywhere over that. The boost is x10 for scaling purposes (ie 100 = 10 psi, 200 = 20 psi, etc). I'm willing to bet when converted to E85 and when I start pouring on the boost that I will make more power lower in the rpms, but not significantly so (maybe 250-300 rpms sooner), and with the increased backpressure of the .92 housing I'd bet I'll start dropping sooner as well.

Good looking dyno! :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

Dyno comparison to Umair.JPG

• Like 2

Not really surprised there though. Bigger engine making more grunt down low.

How long till you put it on E85, Harris? 

Station is targeting completion in november. I'm hoping to have fuel pumps, 3.5" exhaust, and mega huge injectors done by then. I'm still on stock fmic so we will see what it can flow!

will need 100m cooler. the stockies have been known to hold power back over 400kw.

3.5" will do the job. Mine is 3.5". 4" only if you know you are going to aim for even bigger power in the future.

My injectors are 2000cc. I was told that even 1600cc on e85 wont cut the mustard for 500kw. Makes it a little harder to fine tune but its not noticeable in day to day drive.

thanks for mapping the dynos. interesting stuff!

• Like 1

If anyone is interested, I'm maybe going to the SAU cruise to the Gosford car museum on Sunday.

Happy to take anyone for a spin so they can feel the setup for themselves.

Edited by usmair

43 minutes ago, HarrisRacing said:

What about me? Sounds like he's got a cooler.

I'm almost tapped on money these days (oilfield sucks here lately). I need a sponsor!

haha but you're in the US.. shipping won't be cheap.. however happy to help out - flick me a PM on which size cooler your after, and if polished/black/raw etc..

On 9/3/2016 at 11:53 PM, Piggaz said:

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Link to the first attempt. A wealth of knowledge in it. 

annnnd go!

We gonna be factual on this or its gonna b like the last one >_<

On 9/10/2016 at 10:00 PM, Mick_o said:

What wasn't factual in there? 

You must have some EFR experience to share with us if you know there was nothing factual in there? 

at the end of the thread which got it locked .