SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

3 minutes ago, sneakey pete said:

Interesting to see how that goes. Have heard of people having extreme EGT problems with high comp

Prob needs to be factored in with cam duration and a decent rear housing!

My r32 is about to get a rebuild. Will be going the precision rout. Either 6266 or 6466. More likely the later. Either way, will post results in the future for some comparisons. Chasing 500awkw+. Awesome thread. Cheers gents.

11 minutes ago, khezz said:

My r32 is about to get a rebuild. Will be going the precision rout. Either 6266 or 6466. More likely the later. Either way, will post results in the future for some comparisons. Chasing 500awkw+. Awesome thread. Cheers gents.

Curious. This is a thread about Borg Warner EFRs and just had a quick skim through and you don't have appeared to have made any previous comments in here so to make give it some current and future context can you share why you chose it relevant to this thread that you post that you have decided to buy turbo which has nothing to do with this thread and how it might pertain to this? Do you intend on later upgrading to an EFR?

• Like 3

Hi,

How much is spool difference between 8376 and 8375 with the same hotside like .91 ar ? +- :P

Maybe some one compare 8376 with another one?

Edited by Snara

BW updated the wheel aero on the SXE turbos.  the 8375 is their older turbo with 75.99mm turbine and 270 thrust.  (probably should have called it 8376 all along)  -- SXE 8376 is their new version of this turbo and is now 76.2mm with 360 thrust and EFR blade aero (with corresponding bump in turbine efficiency).  Using the same housing A/R an SXE can spool a little earlier due to the turbine aero - but the more aggressive compressor wheel makes the turbos spool almost identically.  Attached is a photo of the old turbine wheel on left, new SXE on right.  We have these in stock at a healthy discount right now if you need one

airwerks-SXE_wheelcomparison.jpg

Edited by Full-Race Geoff

8 hours ago, Lithium said:

Curious. This is a thread about Borg Warner EFRs and just had a quick skim through and you don't have appeared to have made any previous comments in here so to make give it some current and future context can you share why you chose it relevant to this thread that you post that you have decided to buy turbo which has nothing to do with this thread and how it might pertain to this? Do you intend on later upgrading to an EFR?

I can make it relevant Mr Lith, he can buy my PT6266 CEA Gen 2 next year and I will get the EFR 8374 , lol

People keep asking for comparisons to other turbos. Precision turbos are the main competition to Borgwarner. The turbo I'm choosing is one that people look at when they look at the 8374. I'm in no way trashing the 8374. It seems like a great product. But it is brand new and hasn't had time to be proven yet. Looking at threads overseas, if the turbine wheel is damaged you will up for a new turbo. There are reports of these turbos leaking. Despite great dyno results, most of the drag records right now are being set with precision turbos. Dyno is a tuning tool. MPH, I believe is the true measure of power. I simply chose a turbo which has been tried and tested. The new turbos are air cooled so no leaks, ever. Parts are easy to get and units are easy to repair. This only my opinion and in time I may very well be proven wrong. As I said before, great thread.

• Confused 1

Geoff, can you confirm any sort of update with the 8374. I haven't seen any "update/gen2/revised" from the get go?

6 minutes ago, khezz said:

Not the current version of them.

What exactly has been "updated"?

I remember seeing a few people talk about lack of compressor maps for the BW range (at least I think), but anyway, this is a good tool for picking the right turbo for your application. Though a lot of the required info a bit too specific for most peoples engines

Tutorials and FAQ down the bottom

http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/aftermarket/matchbot

Fair call sneaky pete. I seem to be offending people for choosing a precision turbo. People here are asking for comparisons to other turbos, I'm more then happy to provide one. You ask me why I didn't choose the 8374, I explained. I said that this was my opinion only. If this is an "all hail Efr thread" not a problem. I'm sure the product deserves the praise it gets. I was just offering a comparison that people are asking for.

• Like 2