SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

Intake 6 deg advanced. Ex 4 retard. I have tried a few different settings but it always likes 10 deg of overlap the best. Turbo comes on strongest there and makes best overall power band. Did everything from no overlap to 20 deg overlap...10 is best but there are good gains in the 6-10 range if you are worried about idle quality. Also 8 deg intake advance and 2 deg ex retard made similar power. Power drops over 10 deg though.

It will hit 700 whp tonight. I regapped my bcpr8es plugs down to .020" to fight high boost breakup. Yes turbo is really spinning but it's 41 deg F here today so it's still relatively low rpms to move the air.
Boom. Check them digits out. Sucker woke up at 30 psi in the midrange. 26 on top. 20171208_222058.jpg
  • Like 2

American dyno is bloody awesome

I guarantee this car has high 130's if not mid 140's in it. It is flat out scary to drive...recall I ran 128mph on pump 93 (your ron98) on 18-19 psi boost in the 1/4 and it pales in comparison to how it is now. It is an absolute ANIMAL...  

8 hours ago, HarrisRacing said:

I guarantee this car has high 130's if not mid 140's in it. It is flat out scary to drive...recall I ran 128mph on pump 93 (your ron98) on 18-19 psi boost in the 1/4 and it pales in comparison to how it is now. It is an absolute ANIMAL...  

You'd wanna be pulling mid 140s to back up 740hp ?

Gunna repeat myself here... But the 8374 is a BEAST of a snail! 

Driven 3 8374 cars ranging from 2.8L - 3.2L and it really makes my tip drip! ?

11 hours ago, HarrisRacing said:

Don't mind me, that was just an observation on the figure differences from Aus VS USA. It wasn't meant to add or detract from your comments. 

• Like 1

Anyone here got a source on 90 deg compressor covers for the 7670? I thought this was the B2 frame, though it looks like the outlet of the 8374 is 2.5in, and the 7670 is 2in, can't seem to find an "OEM" style fix for this.

Would appreciate something less agricultural than simply welding a 90 degree on literally in a backyard. Given the outlet is VERY close to the 6boost manifold runners Silcon is only going to last so long. So long in this case meaning it died yesterday and I doubt very much that the heat shielding aluminum stuff I put around it is going to keep it alive.

15 hours ago, s2d4 said:

Don't mind me, that was just an observation on the figure differences from Aus VS USA. It wasn't meant to add or detract from your comments. 

Yeah, glad you said that - I start rolling my eyes a bit when people make comments that "If it was a real 700+whp then it'd run xxxmph".... fact of the matter is dynos are just tuning tools and it's not that American dynos are happy, it's that MOST Australian dynos read lower than what pretty much everyone else in the world use unless they have imported a Dyno Dynamics dyno.   740whp sounds about right for high 130mph/around 140mph to me from the Dynapacks that I am used to, and sounds about right for what an EFR8374 is capable of.  I'm guessing if this dyno reads like what I am used to then the turbo will be within safe rpm, JUST.

Nice result, I look forward to hearing how it goes - E85 is awesome, tends to make the car feel better in general ... not just when tracing the target boost curve.  Been good seeing this setup gradually be refined and start showing what the EFR8374 is capable of on a nice RB :)

• Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 6:11 AM, Kinkstaah said:

Anyone here got a source on 90 deg compressor covers for the 7670? I thought this was the B2 frame, though it looks like the outlet of the 8374 is 2.5in, and the 7670 is 2in, can't seem to find an "OEM" style fix for this.

Would appreciate something less agricultural than simply welding a 90 degree on literally in a backyard. Given the outlet is VERY close to the 6boost manifold runners Silcon is only going to last so long. So long in this case meaning it died yesterday and I doubt very much that the heat shielding aluminum stuff I put around it is going to keep it alive.

not sure if that worked or not ?

link below

efr_vband_comp_outlet_1461.jpg

Edited by VFRegal

Run in tune complete on my thing, these turbos are amazing - feels like my old -5 setup but with an extra 200kw and 2psi less boost.

engine spec,

2.8L,

1mm O/S valves,

Tomei sized inlet ports,

CPC carbon plenum matched up to the big ports 

6boost, 60mm turboSmart Gate

Spline drive Tomei Pump

Platinum race engines Block Brace

Race Pace Sump

R35 Coils

Ross Crank Trigger

Haltech 2500 

9180 1.05

26psi 500kw

IMG_0091.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deano 1 said:

Run in tune complete on my thing, these turbos are amazing - feels like my old -5 setup but with an extra 200kw and 2psi less boost.

engine spec,

2.8L,

1mm O/S valves,

Tomei sized inlet ports,

Spline drive Tomei Pump

Race Pace Sump

R35 Coils

Ross Crank Trigger

Haltech 2500 

9180 1.05

26psi 500kw

IMG_0091.jpg

Awesome graph and power/response! ima sure it would drive better than it looks on paper! (i was also comparing ur graph to my T04z dyno sheet, obviously your EFR has improvement everywhere hahahha)

Ima also looking at upgrades now so may I please ask why 6boost single wastegate instead of twin wastegates? Prob cheaper, but wouldn't twin wastegates be more ideal? 

1 hour ago, Deano 1 said:

engine spec,

2.8L,

1mm O/S valves,

Tomei sized inlet ports,

Spline drive Tomei Pump

Race Pace Sump

R35 Coils

Ross Crank Trigger

Haltech 2500 

9180 1.05

26psi 500kw

IMG_0091.jpg

Looks like it would be mega fun to drive, I wonder if the million dollar plenum was worth the investment. (besides the fact it looks good).

the plenum is deff not worth the investment the amount of work invloved and extra lines and hoses needed to be made/brought to set it up, it should make 500kw in NA form. The plenum's are a waste, Nismo FTW. 

I went 60mm single gate, for packaging as theres not alot of room under there for 2 gates. Also the waste gate pipe is split anyway so you get the same effect with the single gate just less mucking around. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deano 1 said:

the plenum is deff not worth the investment the amount of work invloved and extra lines and hoses needed to be made/brought to set it up, it should make 500kw in NA form. The plenum's are a waste, Nismo FTW. 

I went 60mm single gate, for packaging as theres not alot of room under there for 2 gates. Also the waste gate pipe is split anyway so you get the same effect with the single gate just less mucking around. 

I looked at that option but after my 6Boob experience i chose to go down the path of the HypeEx/Fabtech true twin scroll manifold with twin gates... He performed artwork on it and it all fits pretty well! Going to be a prick to take off over the next few weeks so i can get the engine out for a build.

Will be interesting to overlay the graphs once i get mine running ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deano 1 said:

Yeah so true 2 gates would be alot more packed and costs more (altho $ doesnt seem like a matter to you =P)

Does the wastegate pipe split came standard in the 6boost single gate???