SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

3 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

It needs to, otherwise there is zero point in making the manifold split pulse.

I was going the single gate route but got talked out of it.... No regrets!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

It needs to, otherwise there is zero point in making the manifold split pulse.

Won't quote names but I've seen a few from big brands appear to be split until both pulses are just going into 1x big 50 mm hole to the gate.

Best I've seen from one brand was an open scroll manifold with a divided T3 flange welded on top lol

• Haha 1

yeah 6 boost did the spilt for the gate. 

I did all the fab work, trust me you dont want anymore pipe work under there. In saying that my gate is plumbed back in which makes it a bit harder. Screamer pipes are easier to route. 

But at the end of the day, what for - why make it harder and most $$$ for the same result. 

Edited by Deano 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Deano 1 said:

yeah 6 boost did the spilt for the gate. 

I did all the fab work, trust me you dont want anymore pipe work under there. In saying that my gate is plumbed back in which makes it a bit harder. Screamer pipes are easier to route. 

But at the end of the day, what for - why make it harder and most $$$ for the same result. 

Also the plate thats welded up the inside of the pipe from the mani to gate flange - Hangs out past the end of the pipe, once you weld the V band onto the end of the pipe - you than shape the "spilt plate" to suit the back of the waste gate, so its sealed up. 

• Like 1

Given r32-25t has posted a dyno of his -5's with vcam on the same dyno presumably as this i thought i'd put them together for interests stake. 

Of course if ramp rate was different etc might cause comparison issues but i figure this is better than most considering its same dyno and a short period of time apart.

Book3.thumb.png.3a762751f695fa78934f0e0cff471c1f.png

• Like 4

Your car would belt the 5s just like every other back to back 5s vs 8374.

Plus a run in tune would be low on timing I'd like to think which should fatten up the middle a bit more. 

V cam on your car would probably just induce surge. With the hi comp and .92 it wouldn't need any help getting it spooling! 

Piggies car would start surging on the dyno as low as 2800rpm. 

So even if it had v cam on it, you couldn’t move the intake cam anyways. 

Edited by Mick_o

New EFR crew member checking in....

Manifold will be a 6boost w/ twin gates.

Wastegates will be tial mv-s.

Exhaust will be plumbed back via 3.5" downpipe

The EFR will be used on a SR20DET with a fully ported NAPREC head, big valve chamber with deleted squish pads.

ETA for completion is probably 6 months away.

Having been in a 2.8L EFR machine, the thing is completely mental and beats stock response with quadruple the power.  THEY ARE MAGIC fellas.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sneakey pete said:

might plot that tomorrow arvo if i get a chance.

Note the one i already plotted was -5's with vcam.

As the pig said thats also the same v cam and rolling road not hub dyno like the -5 result. So theres a possibility that its a "higher reading" vs the rollers. 

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

New EFR crew member checking in....

Manifold will be a 6boost w/ twin gates.

Wastegates will be tial mv-s.

Exhaust will be plumbed back via 3.5" downpipe

The EFR will be used on a SR20DET with a fully ported NAPREC head, big valve chamber with deleted squish pads.

ETA for completion is probably 6 months away.

Having been in a 2.8L EFR machine, the thing is completely mental and beats stock response with quadruple the power.  THEY ARE MAGIC fellas.

Tell em the turbo son! 

1 hour ago, Mick_o said:

As the pig said thats also the same v cam and rolling road not hub dyno like the -5 result. So theres a possibility that its a "higher reading" vs the rollers. 

Because I was worried about the exact same thing I spoke to Jez about that and his dynos are within 3% of each other 

Sweet thanks for clearing that up ?

So lets call it "on par" you're at about 160kw at 4000.. The 8374 is at about 240kw at 4000??

80kw through the middle with 60kw up top. 

Thats quite alot more power EVERYWHERE! 

Plus all those nice things EFR delivers that the dynosheet doesn't show... 

Edited by Mick_o

I'm happy with mine also but coming from Tomei ARMS that wouldn't be a glowing endorsement :P

did take it for a bit of a moutain squirt last week and its great, no 'to large to be fun' issues... and (once i get e85/boost) will have a shitload of power for whenever else i want it