SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

What most people don't realise is the NASA spec fuel systems required to track these things.... 7670 & above.

In the custom surge tank I'll be running a 700lph brushless pressure pump (possibly with speed control) so we can run higher base pressures for better fuel atomisation....and to reduce the current compared to dual 460's & so that the fuel is heated less. We are currently working out an intank pump to feed this serious bit of gear..... ..and designing a top plate to suit.

What most people don't realise is the NASA spec fuel systems required to track these things.... 7670 & above.
In the custom surge tank I'll be running a 700lph brushless pressure pump (possibly with speed control) so we can run higher base pressures for better fuel atomisation....and to reduce the current compared to dual 460's & so that the fuel is heated less. We are currently working out an intank pump to feed this serious bit of gear..... ..and designing a top plate to suit.
Build thread please

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

What most people don't realise is the NASA spec fuel systems required to track these things.... 7670 & above

Get your car ready, I'll battle you at Wakefield or at a Roll Racing night.

NASA spec S15 vs Cabramatta spec R33.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love reading what you write, makes me wonder what planet you live on [emoji23]

A good quality adequately sized main and lift pumps are hardly 'NASA spec' smh
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Get your car ready, I'll battle you at Wakefield or at a Roll Racing night.

NASA spec S15 vs Cabramatta spec R33. 

You'll be blinded by my shift light when I shift into 3nd slingshotting out of a tailkick from the power of the EFR equipped SR20!

I hope you like ethanol fumes & S15 tail lights pal!!!!!! I'm gonna need a parachute to pull up this wild hog!!!

Edit. P.s. pls sell me your SMB rear muffler lol.

• Haha 1

Got my new SR22VET running with the T4 .92 IWG 7670. 

Not noticing a whole lot of response loss compared to the old 2.2L setup with the T4 7163. Granted this new motor is built a lot nicer and has properly done +2mm exh valves which I guess helps.

Seeing it hit my 10psi boost cut at about 2.6k with no preload or wastegate duty and a 12psi spring, I'd expect it should do 20-25psi around 3.5k. it starts pulling hard at around 2.5k and is very linear. The 7163 did 23psi just before 3.5k. 

Tune booked in for the end of the month so will have some proper results EOM. 

• Like 2

8374 with a 1.45 housing on a hamburger with the lot 2.8....is it epic? Hell f**king yes!!!!! The 1.05 is definitely hyperactive/frantic very early....but the 1.45 is like getting hit in the face by george foreman! In the lower mid to top end its just completely off its head, you're pinned to the seat holding on for dear life. Is it still responsive? Yes. Its just a little bit smoother early on.....you dont lose THAT much compared to the 1.05....and it still kills precisions, garretts and the like. The 8374 is definitely the perfect turbo, as it can do f ing everything VERY well....

But of course.....having a built motor with special head and portwork is 100% needed to bring out the goodness in these turbos....and when thats done...hold the f**k on!!! What would I choose? I honestly dont know if I could pick between the 1.05 and 1.45...they are both epic in their own rights...

13 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

Except there's also that dude that made 466kw at the wheels on a 2.5 with one..

I think its more the fact its making nearly 200kw and peak torque at 4000rpm and seeing all the boost the match stick 4G rods can take by 4000rpm also. Big turbo behaves small even on a 2L 4 pot. 

Edited by Mick_o

That makes sense, so bit better match to this capacity engine, lower rotating inertia than 9180 0.92AR IWG combo, similar turbine power potential, sounds like the ideal combination for high boost combined with transient response.

that is correct, 9174 works best with the big 1.45 a/r housing when pushing the turbos limit.  The 74mm turbine is relatively small to swing the 91mm compressor so anything that can be done to reduce preturbine drive pressure at high rpm / high boost is a win for this one.