• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Piggaz

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

16 hours ago, burn4005 said:

That's strange. The catelog quotes the same inducer/exducer measurements so I'd be very interested in why the map is different and off the wheel or housing is different. I had assume it was the same for 9274 and 9280 without checking. 

Not sure as it has been mentioned that the 9274 is a smaller trim, guessing that they stuffed up the details in the catalog. They are different compressors one way or another

Hi all, Ive been reading through quite a bit of this and various other turbo side threads. Ive got a 32 GTR currently with -5s and e85 and all the other support mods. Making ~370kw. But im looking for more so ive been tossing up between the 8374 and the 9180 until reading about the 8474. Who would be a good person to speak to about sourcing 1? As im quite close to pulling th trigger and ordering 6boost manifold etc.

6 hours ago, welshy_32ZILA said:

Hi all, Ive been reading through quite a bit of this and various other turbo side threads. Ive got a 32 GTR currently with -5s and e85 and all the other support mods. Making ~370kw. But im looking for more so ive been tossing up between the 8374 and the 9180 until reading about the 8474. Who would be a good person to speak to about sourcing 1? As im quite close to pulling th trigger and ordering 6boost manifold etc.

As @burn4005 said, talk to Full-Race... though they are apparently meant to be becoming available in early 2019- if previous Borg Warner releases are anything to go by then be prepared for a wait.

Hmm thats a shame. I have a damaged 9180 sitting here at the moment that i might use to fab everything up then make a decision on whether to go a 83 or 84 if the 84 is available. Any one got any opinions on when the 8474 would be in at say 25psi on a built 26 with tomei 260 9.15 cams.

1274 710 0017 = EFR-8474 Super Core w. Aluminum bearing housing 1274 710 0019 = EFR-8474 Super Core w. Iron bearing housing 1274 710 0021 = EFR-9174 Super Core w. Aluminum bearing housing 1274 710 0023 = EFR-9174 Super Core w. Iron bearing housing 1280 710 0003 = EFR-9280 Super Core w. Aluminum bearing housing 1280 710 0005 = EFR-9280 Super Core w. Iron bearing housing Bit of info i found for everyone. Seems as though they will be available with aluminium or iron bearing housings. Statement from BW:[Note that we are still going through the final phases of the release process. When these new models are available to order, I will distribute a Product Release Bulletin, as well as the appropriate pricing. This should take place in December 2018. The first deliveries should start in Q1-2019].