SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

9 hours ago, defibf said:

I have used old fashioned cmos ic’s for this sort of thing CD4022B should get the job done, and no surface mount soldering required ??

I've had it suggested to me that a 74GC393 would do the trick, i'm just trying to get my head around if i need to do more than just give it 5v power, ground, the signal and then take the signal from the 3rd output and send that straight to the ECU, or if I need some other kind of input to it aswell?

edit: so it seems i need to give it a a 'reset input' (pin 2), would i be correc that that's just another 5v input?

7 hours ago, sneakey pete said:

I've had it suggested to me that a 74GC393 would do the trick, i'm just trying to get my head around if i need to do more than just give it 5v power, ground, the signal and then take the signal from the 3rd output and send that straight to the ECU, or if I need some other kind of input to it aswell?

edit: so it seems i need to give it a a 'reset input' (pin 2), would i be correc that that's just another 5v input?

Pretty sure that these will be ok with 15v supply 

data sheet 

http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/cd4017b

just off to work, i will have a check this evening ?

13 hours ago, defibf said:

Pretty sure that these will be ok with 15v supply 

data sheet 

http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/cd4017b

just off to work, i will have a check this evening ?

I looked through my box file of useful ccts, the ic i have used in the past as a divide by 8 device is below, this is the exact cct i used so I know that it works fine, excuse the fag packet drawing

i/p = r2

r1 = 12r

r2 = 100r

c1& c2 = 0.1 uF

D1 = zener bzx85c12

4040divideby8.jpeg

Edited by defibf
edited as i forgot i/p
  • Thanks 1

Another interim update of the performance relative to the 'big block' Datsun  :)

Sorting through a few items however got the same power and speed on lower boost today with some more tweaking, adjusting each cylinder to optimum... anyway here is previous days with slight miss fire *excuses!* will optimize some more. Just need to find some spare time to run at the test track and pump it up to 3600mB ;)

IMG_8032.thumb.jpg.b751e91c97b6b888bc1e5964898057b0.jpg

100-185 R34.jpg

100-185 EVO9.jpg

Current running for the nerds out there?

Bleed about 10% out wg, PR ~ 4.2:1 ~74lb/hour flow ~108k rpm 900 egt, TEP, TIP will keep to our selves see who can work it out lol...... Engine makes around 750bhp based off the performance listed, or around 14 million rwkw on lebtechomodynamics depending on tires + tie down methods + kebabs consumed

• Haha 2

Just for anyone else interested in the new black series. Turbosource.com have them advertised and priced on their page in the US. They have said to me that the turbos are currently getting assembled and should be ready to ship end of February. The guys seemed relatively good to deal with and have some interesting stuff in the works for the RB and efr. Ill reserve the rest of my judgement until the turbo turns up. Maybe worth a look. anyway.

5 hours ago, Full-Race Geoff said:

8474, 9274, 9280 have not started shipping yet.  I expect this will happen this week.

if anyone has a turbo already its a pre production unit, they have not started shipping as of right now

Ahh ok, didn't realise it was pre-production.   Still, sounds like it's close :)

11+ minutes on load on the EVO (66 x 10 second homo 'passes' LOL) on 19 hours and 50 minutes to go. We increased the performance even more, logs in next few days time permitting, maybe  even a video ;)

Overall the EFR9174IWG and complete kit from Full Race (thanks Geoff) is a great balance of response and power. Can run 'Full Race Boost' with no tappering to 9000rpm (up to ~40psi gauge pressure).