SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

3 hours ago, burn4005 said:

They are available lith. Not for black series yet but definitely available for all other efrs. Good for people that have cut up their efrs to fit elbows or don't need bov.

https://www.full-race.com/store/borg-warner-efr/efr-components/borgwarner-efr-compressor-cover-sx-e-style/

Well there we go, that's cool - thanks!!

6 minutes ago, burn4005 said:

I check this thread daily for the same reason. Can't find any results anywhere on the net for any engine at all running a 8474 other than rt Ernie on the evo years ago. 

Ditto. Been keeping an eye out for results for any of the black series and found bugger all.

This wee clip of a 9274 on a 2.2 stroker Evo X suggests they spool well for the size: 

On 6/1/2019 at 10:36 AM, gixer said:

On bottom mount T4 twin scroll manifold, will an EFR 7163 CHRA be sitting  higher then 7670 one? Thanks

It depends on where you are measuring exactly -  The manifold side Turbine Inlet and downpipe side Turbine outlet are identically positioned between 0.80 and 0.92 a/r.. there is no difference in axial position.  However the 7670 has a longer CHRA (axial length) and moves the comp housing out further forward.  additionally the B2 frame is a larger bearing housing with fittings that stick out farther from the center.

I dont know what engine or manifold youre looking at or what point you intend to measure - they are similar. although slightly different

On 5/25/2019 at 8:18 AM, burn4005 said:

I check this thread daily for the same reason. Can't find any results anywhere on the net for any engine at all running a 8474 other than rt Ernie on the evo years ago. 

ill find some time and dig some up, we just had an evoX with good results and this week at pike's peak a friend of mine will be giving his k20 / 8474 0.92 the stick with an unlimited class Pikes Peak entry this year.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:33 PM, burn4005 said:

They are available lith. Not for black series yet but definitely available for all other efrs. Good for people that have cut up their efrs to fit elbows or don't need bov.

https://www.full-race.com/store/borg-warner-efr/efr-components/borgwarner-efr-compressor-cover-sx-e-style/

thanks for the plug, SXE style comp covers are available for the legacy EFR turbos.  Waiting on this for the newer 84 and 92 turbos

Edited by Full-Race Geoff

On 6/4/2019 at 7:58 PM, Full-Race Geoff said:

thanks for the plug, SXE style comp covers are available for the legacy EFR turbos.  Waiting on this for the newer 84 and 92 turbos

small correction for your website Geoff, the selection currently is shown as "8374 or 9174 compressor cover"

the 9174 option should be with the 9180 as its the compressor size you're interested in, not the turbine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, welshy_32ZILA said:

Lith have you seen that Garrett have released their new g turbos in mid frame. G30/35. Be interesting to see where they sit on your table of flow. 

Yep, I posted in the thread which is about Gseries - will update the table when exact dates is available. Some extremely promising looking options there 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nosure said:

8474 1.45 a/r on the way.  Should finish it next month sometime. 

Very nice!  What kind of setup is it going to be working with?   

This is definitely the combination of the range which I suspect has the potential likely shine on an RB

Edited by Lithium

Hi. Will fit on a fully build rb28 with cnc head 280 cams etc. 

turbo is here today. New exhaust setup should be done in 3 weeks time. 

B1112E60-3D26-48C5-A2FF-3C3BBEB16C02.jpeg

Edited by Nosure
  • Like 2