• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Piggaz

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Yeah there were a number of things I noticed in that video

Hollinger was quiet AF - went online to see if they had a new version out haha

1000cc injectors pushing 955 wheel HP on 98  with 1 pump hmmm I make 600 wheel HP with 1065cc at 64% Duty on 98 - so is it possible he at 100% IDC?

Surely its engine HP so prob 800 wheel.

2 hours ago, Lithium said:

Hey mate, sounds like a fun build :) Some pretty ambiguous or open to opinion comments in there so some background on what you've had and where you're coming from would help.

Your previous "big turbos" you've had, what are they are what kind of power have you made with them?   Is this the same engine spec as you used with them?   

It'd be good to quantify what an acceptably responsive turbo would be for you, and what "too small" means - as an EFR8474 should be fine on a 3litre depending on how much work you're expecting it to do.   What is the pre-nitrous power target?   

Also, a 400 shot of nitrous - I see you like to party.  You may need to be very sure you have enough hotside to support the inevitable exhaust gas flow which is going to result from this combo

I’d like a minimum of 600hp on 98. I’ve had 62mm -> 80mm turbos and made 550hp -> 900hp (not turbo limited).  The next turbo is like to be streetable, meaning when I plant the foot at 3,000rpm it has boost and at 4,500rpm I want it to PROPERLY pull (ie full boost).  

I expect (perhaps wrong) that the 68mm 8474 would be responsive on a 3L with cams. I was thinking it should put down 600hp no sweat. 

I can of course get the 9280 with a small hotside if that spools adequately. 

cheers!

yep 8474 will be a great option for that kind of power. you'll need a big wastegate (or two) if you want to vent the exhaust volume a 400 shot of Nos will provide.

depends if you want to use NOS as a torque fill/gas producer for spool assistance to get the 9280 moving.

if not the 8474 is a streetable turbo, the 9280 less so.

if you've got 400hp of nos on tap and a good tuner a 9280 would be a beast.

Edited by burn4005

17 hours ago, warin said:

I’d like a minimum of 600hp on 98. I’ve had 62mm -> 80mm turbos and made 550hp -> 900hp (not turbo limited).  The next turbo is like to be streetable, meaning when I plant the foot at 3,000rpm it has boost and at 4,500rpm I want it to PROPERLY pull

this is the natural evolution 😎  Youve got a good grasp on reality (experience will do that) and yes fully agree 8474 will be a fiend here.  but the 400 shot!?! thats a lot of nitrous.  On the Papadakis / Aasbo drift toyota, they use a 100 shot on the EFR8474 and its been a solid combination..

14 hours ago, burn4005 said:

yep 8474 will be a great option for that kind of power. you'll need a big wastegate (or two) if you want to vent the exhaust volume a 400 shot of Nos will provide.  depends if you want to use NOS as a torque fill/gas producer for spool assistance to get the 9280 moving. if not the 8474 is a streetable turbo, the 9280 less so.  if you've got 400hp of nos on tap and a good tuner a 9280 would be a beast.

^^^^^^^  +1

The 400shot will just be for the drags, 300 will probably be just as fast , it’ll be gear and progressive with the Emtron doing all the work (once it’s dialled in). The Supra needs a fair bit of suspension tweaking to get it to plant properly at the drags anyhow (and some good tyres)  

600+ is plenty for the street. 

8474 is the ticket then. if you're using nitrous as the power adder rather than boosting to the moon then a 8474 will do it.

actually, even an 8374 will meet your goals provided you can wastegate the additional nitrous exhaust flow effectively. if you only want 600hp of turbo airflow and nitrous provides above that.

but if you want to be able to stretch the turbo airflow to 900hp then nitrous on top of that for drags then 8474 is probably the go.

Edited by burn4005

agree 8474 .. and if 300 shot is in the offing, 1.45 a/r makes a lot of sense.  if you need the turbo i would be happy to help accomodate.  we have all variations in stock, same day shipping