SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

I 100% agree with that statement. But "radiant heat" isnt gunna kill diaphragms mate. Its gunna be "operating temps" that kill them as such. 

I guess this is a case where you have to have faith in your chosen product huh? 

So while I find the wastegate temperature discussion interesting is it relevant to anyone north of the border? 

All you seem to do is drag race your GTR so heats not a major concern for 9 seconds on WOT at a time.

• Like 1

So wastegate temps are big in mexico huh? 

Thought you blokes are all too busy staying stock so the cops dont ream your rectums? 

So wastegates shouldn't apply "bcoz not stock" ?

Edited by Mick_o

Any more feedback on the 7670 IWG (0.92) for the RB26? Any boost control problems and if so is there an option to go for the stiff actuator? I'm only wanting high 300kw's. What runner widths do you do at full-race Geoff? Our locals do 35mm which sounds a tad wide for my power levels.

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

That's what I'm looking to put on my 26. Keen to see feedback as well. 380 wkw is a bit boring, is the 7670 too small at this power level?

380 would be getting up there with the 7670. 8374 I would say.

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

That's what I'm looking to put on my 26. Keen to see feedback as well. 380 wkw is a bit boring, is the 7670 too small at this power level?

Why is 380kw boring?

Id honestly challenge you to find a more snappy responsive 380kw than what a 7670 would provide? It would probably be best part of 500rpm more responsive than the the stock twins. Even in T3 open housing form lol ?

On 08/01/2017 at 0:42 PM, burn4005 said:

righto so I've convinced myself to throw the 1.05a/r 8374 I have sitting in my garage on the car and need to work out how the f**k you're supposed to plumb back twin gates without spending a billion dollars on fab work. I need to have the gates plumbed in. that Sinco manifold with the divider plate may be the go... anyone recommend someone in brisbane for exhaust/intake fab work? ive had bad experiences with several workshops in the past so i'm quite shy about who to go to.

I've found the following manifolds:

garage whifbitz: this looks ideal, but the design of the manifold has very different runner lengths and the cars sounds like a WRX. going from an equal length mines pipe, i can't deal with it. unfortunate because it looks very neat.

article_whif.jpg

Sydney motorsport engineering/fullrace etc.: these have one gate out the front, but how do you route the piping back to the dump pipe from here? anyone have any pics of what they've done?

MX%20Performance%20RBtwin.JPG[

or this setup: unknown manifold (looks like 6boost) with both wastegate runners pointing backwards (by scotty on this forum I believe)

Twin gates.jpg

I have witnessed the Wifbitz manifold and turbo setup running in a tight time circuit time attack r32. It went like stink! As for the waste gates sounds they are muted. I was just staggered at how the beast ran. 

Does anyone know about the alloy chra 9174? 

Mates car is going to bigger numbers than an 8374 can pump and we have the option of the steel or aluminium chra 9174. Any downsides to running the alloy one as far as reliability goes? Only thing I've seen is you need a new flange kit (80 bucks) to attach the turbine housing to the chra as the softer alloy needs more surface area to grab than the 6 little keepers of the steel one provide, obviously water cooling is a must.

Alloy one will be much lighter too (2.85kg in fact). Factoring in the turbine flange kit the price is the same for both options.

Cheers

Edited by burn4005

Bill Putnam of UPR piloted his yellow bullet to a new EcoBoost e.t. record of 9.94 at 137 mph. After pushing the envelope of the stock engine and turbo, Bill and Team UPR got serious. They set the new record thanks to the additions of a built short-block from MPR Racing Engines along with Stage 2 cams from Esslinger Racing and an Atmosphere Turbo Kit from Custom Performance Engineering, which features a Borg Warner EFR7670 Turbo.

Not a Skyline but that's one pretty hasty 6cyl Mustang... 

From here: http://www.stangtv.com/news/upr-resets-the-ecoboost-mustang-quarter-mile-record-again/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=upr-resets-the-ecoboost-mustang-quarter-mile-record-again

2017-01-09_19-59-27-640x484.jpg

On 17/12/2016 at 4:31 PM, Happy Seal said:

7670 sits much better, will have to use a sharp angle for the intake pipe right off the compressor to clear the mount. I'll dig up some pics and post them later. . .

Any chance you can post those pics please mate?

Looks like Im going a 7670 on my RB25 from whats been said, so I need to know how that will sit in my 34GTT low mounted on the stock manifold that I will mod for split to go TS

23 hours ago, Watermouse said:

Any chance you can post those pics please mate?

Looks like Im going a 7670 on my RB25 from whats been said, so I need to know how that will sit in my 34GTT low mounted on the stock manifold that I will mod for split to go TS

Can't find the pics with the engine mounts installed. . .but 1st one is the 8374 and 2nd is 7670. . .much more room to play with. . .

received_10153646055497009.jpeg

received_10153646100942009.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks very much buddy, Im sure that will help a few of us ?

Sooo everyone, my next dilemma is go T3 .83 A/R or T4 .92 A/R with adapter plate, has to be internal gated. Any input would be greatly appreciated?

Its an unopened 25neo that will have ARP 2000 head studs at this stage.

The power bracket Im after is great street response from about the 2,800-3,000rpm mark to 120kph. If Im looking at the wrong turbo please chime in

thanks