SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

7 hours ago, s2d4 said:

Hopefully people will start posting turbo speed, since it's absolutely crucial for these EFR's

Nicks has the speed sensor installed but the road rage gauge was faulty. If it doesn't get fixed soon the speed sensor will go straight back to the ECU.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

Someone had to start it again, lets hope it does not get bogged down with BS ?

But it is hard to find info on the EFRs ?

I think because there are so many build types for Skylines now ranging from stock  to over 3.2Lt , it is also hard to have back to back comparisons.

But from what I can find out,  the EFR8374 will get me going quicker, with a much better transient response and roughly to the same top HP as my PT6266 Gen 2 ?

Hopefully some back to back comparisons :)

So put it on already

8 hours ago, usmair said:

I might do the speed sensor in the next couple of weeks

Can you do a little test for me? 4th gear flat road, low rpm, load it up and see when you hit 15psi?

PS. Very nice result, I'm guessing it's going to be awesome to drive

Edited by SimonR32
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SimonR32 said:

Can you do a little test for me? 4th gear flat road, low rpm, load it up and see when you hit 15psi?

PS. Very nice result, I'm guessing it's going to be awesome to drive

will give it a go on the weekend.... what i've found from with this turbo is that it goes from 10 to 30 very quicky so trying to find exactly when 15 comes will be tricky

As promised

6262 vs 8374

Both stock rb26 on e85 with relatively small cams (i think my brother has 260s and i've got 256s)

6262 made that power on 32 psi by memory. 8374 is on 30psi. 6262 can probably go to 480kw where as my EFR can probably stretch to 550kw if pushed so there is more top end with the Borg Warner

The difference in torque is immense! (not sure if those are just weird dyno numbers though).

Both cars are making 90-100kw around 3900rpm. At 4700RPM the 6262 is around 275kw whereas the BW is making just over 300kw. After that its a walk over and the BW just takes it.

At 5500 Rpm the 6262 is at 370kw where as the BW is around 440kw

The 6262 is on a r34 whereas mine is a r33 so the 6 speed gearing may also be having an impact (it should be helping with response on the 6262 right???)

Very very interesting.

6262 vs 8374.jpg

Edited by usmair

Just now, HarrisRacing said:

Strong results on the 8374! Any clue what it made on 18-19 psi range? Trying to estimate what i should expect as gains when i move to E85 and 30+ psi.

my gate pressure is around 20psi and it made 380-390kw on e85

• Like 1

my gate pressure is around 20psi and it made 380-390kw on e85

Then I'm right on target. 93 pump and 17-18 psi was 464 whp for me. (Your results convert to 510-523 whp). I'm probably 500 wheel now at 20 psi (haven't dyno'd). So I am now more motivated than ever to make the move and crank the boost up!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, usmair said:

As promised

6262 vs 8374

Both stock rb26 on e85 with relatively small cams (i think my brother has 260s and i've got 256s)

6262 made that power on 32 psi by memory. 8374 is on 30psi. 6262 can probably go to 480kw where as my EFR can probably stretch to 550kw if pushed so there is more top end with the Borg Warner

The difference in torque is immense! (not sure if those are just weird dyno numbers though).

Both cars are making 90-100kw around 3900rpm. At 4700RPM the 6262 is around 275kw whereas the BW is making just over 300kw. After that its a walk over and the BW just takes it.

The 6262 is on a r34 whereas mine is a r33 so the 6 speed gearing may also be having an impact (it should be helping with response on the 6262 right???)

Very very interesting.

6262 vs 8374.jpg

How do they drive? Which one "stands up" quicker?

7 hours ago, usmair said:

As promised

6262 vs 8374

Very very interesting.

Thanks good to get something solid for comparisons, but It would have been a little better comparison if the PT6266 CEA Gen 2 (800BHP) was used instead of the 6262 CEA (705BHP) as the 8374 & 6266 are rated at 800BHP if you are looking for a bottom and top end HP comparisons, I think :)

1 hour ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

Thanks good to get something solid for comparisons, but It would have been a little better comparison if the PT6266 CEA Gen 2 (800BHP) was used instead of the 6262 CEA (705BHP) as the 8374 & 6266 are rated at 800BHP if you are looking for a bottom and top end HP comparisons, I think :)

Can only work with what we've got.......

2 hours ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

Pretty fair to say you're on a winner with an 8374 then Pete if a little 6262 with .84 rear is making similar power down low as a larger turbo with a much bigger turbine housing ?

So your manifold is single gate Usmair? Does your brother run the same manifold? 

Are they both single gate setups? 

I think there is a little more to be had with a proper twin scroll twin gate setup ☺

Thanks for sharing some data too mate. 

I think you should give us a drive review between the 2 also ?

Edited by Mick_o
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

Pretty fair to say you're on a winner with an 8374 then Pete if a little 6262 with .84 rear is making similar power down low as a larger turbo with a much bigger turbine housing ?

So your manifold is single gate Usmair? Does your brother run the same manifold? 

Are they both single gate setups? 

I think there is a little more to be had with a proper twin scroll twin gate setup ☺

Thanks for sharing some data too mate. 

I think you should give us a drive review between the 2 also ?

that is a good point actually.... my manifold is a split pulse but its single gate. My brothers is a split pulse twin gate setup so there is probably a little bit more response to be had out of the twin gate BW setup.

I'll try to take them both for a spin back to back on the weekend.

Usmair, I asked in another thread but you prob didn't see it. Why are the dyno runs done in 3rd on your R33 and in 4th in the r34?? Reason I ask is I tried comparing it to my old graph and realized they were different speeds.

Does this make a difference in response and power reading on a graph or would it be same shit.

I love the response I have at the moment but I'd like more top end too, I really don't wanna upgrade to something that'll make it too much laggier.

I'm gathering as much info atm on these turbos, they look like a dream!!

3 hours ago, Piggaz said:

Are the gates plumbed in or VTA, Usmair?

VTA

2 hours ago, Buraz said:

Usmair, I asked in another thread but you prob didn't see it. Why are the dyno runs done in 3rd on your R33 and in 4th in the r34?? Reason I ask is I tried comparing it to my old graph and realized they were different speeds.

Does this make a difference in response and power reading on a graph or would it be same shit.

I love the response I have at the moment but I'd like more top end too, I really don't wanna upgrade to something that'll make it too much laggier.

I'm gathering as much info atm on these turbos, they look like a dream!!

no idea why it was done in 3rd.... but i doubt it will make much of a difference as Paul mentioned.

Next dyno day that pops up I will throw it on to see how it comes on a different dyno.

For sh!ts and giggles more than anything else.