SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

On 4/7/2017 at 2:19 PM, Nismo 3.2ish said:

3.2 Nitto Stroker

HKS Vcam step 2   with UE 260  10.85 Exhaust

EFR8374 , 4" dump into 3 1/2 to tail

8:5 CR

And all the stuff to make it all work together .

I will be giving it my first runaround noon today

6 speed Getrag or 5 speed R32/R33 gearing?

On 08/04/2017 at 5:19 AM, Nismo 3.2ish said:

3.2 Nitto Stroker

HKS Vcam step 2   with UE 260  10.85 Exhaust

EFR8374 , 4" dump into 3 1/2 to tail

8:5 CR

And all the stuff to make it all work together .

I will be giving it my first runaround noon today :)

Stock R34 GTR/Getrag gearing.

• Like 1

Just something to add to that Video that piggy posted of me cruising and winding it on.. I dropped my foot no more than 10mm on the accelerator to maybe near quarter throttle when i filmed that little clip... SUPER IMPRESSIVE STUFF! 

If i was going to build a GTR i wouldn't venture outside of what Pete has built. 

Though id probably want a taste of a 9180 ?

• Like 1

Just something to add to that Video that piggy posted of me cruising and winding it on.. I dropped my foot no more than 10mm on the accelerator to maybe near quarter throttle when i filmed that little clip... SUPER IMPRESSIVE STUFF! 
If i was going to build a GTR i wouldn't venture outside of what Pete has built. 
Though id probably want a taste of a 9180 [emoji23]

Yep. I'm fighting the 9180 urge daily...but i do think a 8374 is perfect for 2.6-2.8L streetcar.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HarrisRacing said:

Yep. I'm fighting the 9180 urge daily...but i do think a 8374 is perfect for 2.6-2.8L streetcar.

Scott said the 9180 would be very good on mine, but I resisted it and went the 8374 and I think the 8374 would also be better on 2.6 or especially the 2.8L street car.

There is one thing I might do later on if the 8474 gets the thumbs up , is do a swap over, but I think I have had enough of mods  ?? LOL

1 hour ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

Scott said the 9180 would be very good on mine, but I resisted it and went the 8374 and I think the 8374 would also be better on 2.6 or especially the 2.8L street car.

There is one thing I might do later on if the 8474 gets the thumbs up , is do a swap over, but I think I have had enough of mods  ?? LOL

Oh what a crock of shit! 

Just get us over again we will find "new mods" for you mate! ?

The modding bug has bitten HARD... Finally got what you desire now its time to fine tune it some more ?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

Oh what a crock of shit! 

The modding bug has bitten HARD... Finally got what you desire now its time to fine tune it some more ?

You found a new mod before you left, the  "Intercooler"  remember :tongue:

19 hours ago, Mick_o said:

Oh what a crock of shit! 

How do I say this , PISS OFF!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

How do I say this , PISS OFF!

I'd say.  Enjoy this now it's finally really stomping from down low and has that snappy EFR response - do the intercooler when you end up getting used to the power and put the EFR8474 on ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Buraz said:

Where does everyone buy their EFR's from. Iv been convinced to get one too.

Which turbo are you getting? Turbo dynamics are the cheapest i could find. $2400 including postage and customs for my 7670, i ordered it on Thursday night and it was delivered 8:00am Monday morning. The cheapest i could find in Australia was $2825 + postage.

47 minutes ago, Buraz said:

I'm after an 8374, oh wow that's cheap. Gcg sells them for $3800.

I'll suss out turbo dynamics. Is that aus dollar $2400?

Hit up MTQ. I got Nismo 3.2ish's 8374/1.05 for a tad over $3k, delivered. That was in January. It was 1 of 2 I could find in the country at the time. No one had stock.

I'll give them a call tomorrow Paul, they're 2min from my house!! Didn't know they sold EFR's.

I thought I had a mint package and went all out over last year with everything then the turbo lets me down lol.