SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

56 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

Hit up MTQ. I got Nismo 3.2ish's 8374/1.05 for a tad over $3k, delivered. That was in January. It was 1 of 2 I could find in the country at the time. No one had stock.

Hey mate are you messaging MTQ directly? If i follow the links to sonic performance im seeing 3.5k?

Cheers

Maybe they had a price rise?

- The twin gates for starters

- The fab work for the twin gates. Less if you want screamers, more if you want to plumb them in. It's a time consuming job.

- The braided lines to each gate. You can go as basic or as hard as you want here. Single 3 port or duel 4 port MAC valves. The lines are not cheap!

1 hour ago, Buraz said:

I'm after an 8374, oh wow that's cheap. Gcg sells them for $3800.

I'll suss out turbo dynamics. Is that aus dollar $2400?

Hit up Hybrid Turbos, hybrid turbos and turbo dynamics are the same company but turbo dynamics list the 8374 external gate as sold out. :huh:

$2400 Australian dollars for my turbo, the 8374 would be under $3k delivered to your door.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Buraz said:

I'm sold on these!!! Thanks boys I'll make a few calls tomorrow.

If you are not worried about buying from overseas these guys are hard to beat.

http://www.turbozentrum.de/en/turbos-co/borg-warner-efr/efr-8374/borg-warner-efr-8374-twin-scroll-t4/a-28014/

Shipping around AUD150.00 max   all up AUD 2450.00

Bought mine Jan 2015 for AUD 2100  delivered to Japan.

Prices have gone up a little but still cheeeeap!

Food for thought mate and they are good to deal with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Griffin said:

Do the iwg versions make the same numbers as the ewg ones? 

I think sub boy made an extra 20 kw by going from a 0.92 to a 1.05 on a 8374/rb30.

• Like 1

Okay time to chime in here. Thoughts on a 6758 .80 A/R T4 twinscroll on an RB20 with T4 twinscroll manifold? I was thinking 6758 but in the "old EFR thread" people kept banging on about the 7163 being the magic unicorn of the B1 frame size. I'm looking to make a responsive 220-230ish kw on 98 octane and then feed it E85 and make as much power as possible.

I think a 6758 is the best choice unless someone can give me more of an idea about why the 7163 is supposed to be so good?

Thanks

On 4/25/2017 at 8:36 PM, Griffin said:

Do the iwg versions make the same numbers as the ewg ones? 

the answer is "it depends" -- engine displacement, boost level, max engine rpm, VE and altitude will all have an effect on backpressure and "the numbers"

On 4/25/2017 at 9:00 PM, iruvyouskyrine said:

Okay time to chime in here. Thoughts on a 6758 .80 A/R T4 twinscroll on an RB20 with T4 twinscroll manifold? I was thinking 6758 but in the "old EFR thread" people kept banging on about the 7163 being the magic unicorn of the B1 frame size. I'm looking to make a responsive 220-230ish kw on 98 octane and then feed it E85 and make as much power as possible.

I think a 6758 is the best choice unless someone can give me more of an idea about why the 7163 is supposed to be so good?

Thanks

both are good turbos.  7163 is typically much more popular because when run in twinscroll config -  the spool is similar to 6758 with much more airflow. 

1 hour ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

Can anyone offer more info on the 'mixed flow' turbine and it's advantages?

the mixed flow turbine wheel in the 7163 has higher strength and lower inertia than an equivalent radial turbine wheel.  Interestingly the mixed flow aero did not work nearly as well when it was scaled up to the larger wheel sizes