SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

15 hours ago, Griffin said:

Is fullrace the best place to buy efr housings from?

We have more EFR turbine housings *in stock* than anyone else (BorgWarner included)

14 hours ago, R_34 said:

Treadstone and turbozentrum are also selling EFR housings.

Before you buy EFR turbine housings, make sure the reseller has it in stock... because if its not on the shelf, it can take 4-6+ months to get loose housings

1 hour ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

I knew they didn't have stock when I purchased but I am happy to wait when I paid ~$900 less than retail

Im always hearing of shops taking orders for turbos they can not possibly deliver.  I dont fault them, because they think they can do it.  But in reality production on these turbos is so spotty / low volume and backorders so severe - if the reseller taking your money does not have the BW turbo in stock, I'd bet you won't see it within 4+ months.  Maybe you will get lucky and prove me wrong.  for your sake I hope so!

On 5/17/2017 at 7:51 PM, Gtrboy1 said:

These turbos are the best f**kin turbos ever in the market and in a big turbo guy but the 7163s are insanse and I had a mp2 r34gtr fully built tomei greddy and all on low boost this bitch hauled on high boost it didn't wanna stop ovisly have to uprgrade bbk time then but I sold the car and upgraded to nur r34s

^^this kid is a maniac, cant ever understand much of what he writes.  his brother is a customer of mine, owns a shop with multiple built R34's and twin 7163 kits on 2.8L tomei longblocks

Edited by Full-Race Geoff

Totally agree. To me buying something off the shelf is more convenient than the heartache of being sold something that is unavailable. 

Not sure on paying and hoping something from the states arrives at the sort of money efrs are .

1 hour ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

I have always bought my oils through Sparebox, always quick deliveries, no drama

Oils and simple things maybe. Not something like efr turbos and parts where the only thing in stock is a photo. Then you could be strung along for months and months.

Also when you pay $14.95 for express shipping only to be told 2 weeks later that's only from the date of dispatch which will be months away when stock 'may' arrive sort of defeats the purpose of paying for express shipping.

Edited by Griffin
Typo

4 hours ago, Griffin said:

Oils and simple things maybe. Not something like efr turbos and parts where the only thing in stock is a photo. Then you could be strung along for months and months.

Also when you pay $14.95 for express shipping only to be told 2 weeks later that's only from the date of dispatch which will be months away when stock 'may' arrive sort of defeats the purpose of paying for express shipping.

I know what you mean, I am now waiting for a spring (pivot) to come from Japan, I ordered a pull push clutch converter from another company for an ATS carbon triple because my EFR8374 and new tune  pushed the 1000Nm to 1309Nm and the coopermix twin could not handle it. They sent the kit in two separate deliveries and as soon as I heard  that I knew there wold be a problem and there was. I was told told by them there was no way I did not receive the spring, shit I opened both boxes on the same bench and took a photo of the contents and sent it to them so they could confirm it was all there. They said they would "only" charge me 50% of the price , I paid the full price and said when the supplier does a stocktake and finds the extra spring they can reimburse me 100%, fat chance of that, lol

56 minutes ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

I know what you mean, I am now waiting for a spring (pivot) to come from Japan, I ordered a pull push clutch converter from another company for an ATS carbon triple because my EFR8374 and new tune  pushed the 1000Nm to 1309Nm and the coopermix twin could not handle it. They sent the kit in two separate deliveries and as soon as I heard  that I knew there wold be a problem and there was. I was told told by them there was no way I did not receive the spring, shit I opened both boxes on the same bench and took a photo of the contents and sent it to them so they could confirm it was all there. They said they would "only" charge me 50% of the price , I paid the full price and said when the supplier does a stocktake and finds the extra spring they can reimburse me 100%, fat chance of that, lol

Not looking to sell your coppermix pete? :)

8 minutes ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

Not looking to sell your coppermix pete? :)

Works just fine... just not with a 3.2 and 8374 hanging off it ?.

Offer the Petey a price, I'm sure he will take it.

Had enough of dealing with short supply. Looking at canning projects and buying one of these...  Alfa Romeo giulia qv. Does anyone know much about them? Looking at getting one towards the end of year.Screenshot_20170510-165955.thumb.png.95db05a0760cae1376bc911f660ad62c.png

7 hours ago, Griffin said:

Had enough of dealing with short supply. Looking at canning projects and buying one of these...  Alfa Romeo giulia qv. Does anyone know much about them? Looking at getting one towards the end of year.Screenshot_20170510-165955.thumb.png.95db05a0760cae1376bc911f660ad62c.png

Pretty sure this is the wrong thread for this. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Griffin said:

What section should I start a thread in for this one?

Might have to start your own , maybe "Alfa or Nissan what to buy" or go to an Alfa Site and get your answers from blokes that drive them and like them.

Then put an EFR on it and come back to this thread, lol

• Like 2

On 2017-5-16 at 10:48 AM, usmair said:

The conversion is more so to put a stronger box in rather than chase even more response.

Need a strong box as these 5 speeds just keep popping with ~500kw and my driving style.

I'll change the diff in the future if I feel the 4.11 diff is too annoying.

Everyone I've spoken to who has done the conversion with the 32/33 diff loves it. See how we go

The short ratio getrag together with 4.11 diff has transformed the car.

Its so much more revvy. 30 psi snaps on much harder and revs out so much quicker. Its actually hard to hold it in a straight line. 

I tried to record it but my phone holder couldn't  hold the heavy ass s8+.  Ill try again with a sturdier holder.

All 4 wheels light up slamming it in 2nd on gate pressure. Think the old single plate may have been slipping.

Crazy fun car now. Feels like it has much more low down take off. Can put around in 5th without needing to drop down a gear.

Highway driving is a little annoying with it being at 3,000rpm cruising at 110km in 6th. And the box is noiser from the twin plate and conversion but its a small price to pay for how much more fun the car is rowing through the gears.

:D

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Griffin said:

What section should I start a thread in for this one?

@Griffin Start your own. Nothing you mentioned has anything to do with the thread title, which is 'Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0', fyi.

Edited by minesskyline

16 hours ago, minesskyline said:

@Full-Race Geoff You might have missed my previous question, but are you aware of any videos of cars using the twin kit? I could only find one video with BMR's R34 on the dyno, but none on the track/road/strip. 

hey sorry I didn't see your post.  on the GTR.co.uk forum there are a few guys regularly tracking our twin kit.  Richard / CT17 on gtr.co.uk has posted some videos,

his feedback and dyno chart are here

" Having now used my twin EFR 6258s I am very happy with them.
You can feel them spooling up at 1800rpm on my car and apparently I have 1bar of boost at 3,000rpm.
They come on smoothly and it feels more drivable than the low mount twin -5s with billet wheels I had before. "

" Yes although on the Dyno it's almost exactly the same the car is more able to use the power now on the road/track.

They spool up a bit smoother so the surge of power isn't as instant.
Which means it spends less time wiggling the rear end and trying to deploy the power and more time just taking off.
On the same tyres it used to struggle in 2nd to put the power down and wiggle a bit in third. Not any more.

Overall it's definitely made it quicker.
My car was well set up before and did spool very early, but it's definitely smoother and easier to drive now.

Driving it you can feel boost around 1800rpm and it's going properly by 3000rpm. "

Edited by Full-Race Geoff
  • Like 1

@Full-Race Geoff

8374/1.05... Will the 1.45 ass end drop straight on without dump mods or will the snail sit taller?

We tried to have a play last night but without pulling the turbo off bit we couldnt confirm.