SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

On 7/12/2017 at 6:00 PM, minesskyline said:

It might be too late to ask this, but do you guys think the EFR 6758 is too big for the RB26? I'm like neck-deep in the build now, so it's probably too late to turn around, but curious what you guys think. I got them super cheap so couldn't pass them up, so this is my life now. 

I'd like to check out this build. There's gonna be some sick parts to support these little guys. Do you have a build thread somewhere? 

1 hour ago, NismoSTune said:

I'd like to check out this build. There's gonna be some sick parts to support these little guys. Do you have a build thread somewhere? 

I do not have a build thread. But I could certainly make one. I'm not doing the work myself, so some details/pictures might be lacking. Let me throw a thread together some time this week and I'll let you know. 

On 26/02/2017 at 8:32 PM, Meathead said:

I'm using the turbosmart twin port actuator (14psi springs 3 turns preload) with 5.4w 4 port Mac valve @20Hz  max d.c 60% for 1.6 bar boost @3800rpm. High and Low 3d boost maps on Link G4+

Had the EFR high boost canister but it is hopeless for good control and used to severely over-boost after 20 mins driving when WOT. It was about 20mm away from #1 runner so I extended the turbosmart actuator 50mm forward. Boost control is damn near perfect.

P2270589a.thumb.JPG.b2c50e98d59e2a9cd9195a97657c3f6f.JPG

@Meathead did you have to cut some more thread on the arm of the turbosmart actuator? My IWG actuator hits on the body of the car and was thinking extending it in this fashion would work almost perfectly i think.

Is that the 'inconel' brand beanie? Did i already ask this or was it a diferent one? [emoji14]

Yeah I'm curious too. I have a genuine efr one to go on my 7163 and it's freakin huuuuuuge. Same beanie they fit on the 9180. One size fits.... Most

4 hours ago, MaximuSmurf said:
4 hours ago, sneakey pete said:
Is that the 'inconel' brand beanie? Did i already ask this or was it a diferent one? emoji14.png

Yeah I'm curious too. I have a genuine efr one to go on my 7163 and it's freakin huuuuuuge. Same beanie they fit on the 9180. One size fits.... Most

https://www.ptpturboblankets.com/collections/borg-warner/products/ptp-efr-turbo-blanket

Hope so, mine just left Austin...

The 'Inconel' brand stuff kinda lost me at them trying to make it out like the inconel was what makes it insulate, and not that the inconcel is just the high temp protecting casing for whatever they use inside for insulation.
And also the prices
:8_laughing:

Buraz' car.

Went from a Precision 6262/0.84 to a 9180/1.05 on his Racepace built 2.8L.

"target boost" was the same RPM - 4700 RPM, however the 9180 feels much stronger sub 3500 RPM. (Yes, the bigger turbo with the bigger ass end felt stronger down low). That falls in line with a couple other 2.8/9180 results that have come through lately.

6262 made 430 rwkw at 24 psi

9180 made 483 rwkw at 24 psi and 498 rwkw at 27 psi so possibly needs a larger exhaust. It's only a 3.5 inch RP item.

* Adnan loves to rape this thing so the tune is softer than most.

Once again, the transient response is the stand out. The stuff that can't be shown on the dyno.

IMG_4753.MP4

IMG_4752.JPG

IMG_4750.JPG

IMG_4751.JPG

• Like 1