SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

Just came back from my first test drive and it's hard to compare the two. It's absolutely ridiculous now. Dyno graphs will only tell half the story in this case.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Buraz said:

Just came back from my first test drive and it's hard to compare the two. It's absolutely ridiculous now. Dyno graphs will only tell half the story in this case.

Excellent!

12 hours ago, Buraz said:

How does just normal driving compare between the two?  And how much harder is it to get it to stand up initially?

How does just normal driving compare between the two?  And how much harder is it to get it to stand up initially?

Believe it or not it's actually much better. Precision did come on early and was responsive, full boost was a lil earlier than the efr but had that either on or off feeling during normal cruising, didn't have as much middle ground. If I'm making sense. This one is very progressive and smoother to drive around, always has something down low, you wouldn't think it's even a modded Gtr it's that smooth. This was very unexpected! I change gears and it just picks up right where you left it just continues. It's hard to explain but it's very impressive!! I'll get a vid up of cruising around
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Buraz said:

Believe it or not it's actually much better. Precision did come on early and was responsive, full boost was a lil earlier than the efr but had that either on or off feeling during normal cruising, didn't have as much middle ground. If I'm making sense. This one is very progressive and smoother to drive around, always has something down low, you wouldn't think it's even a modded Gtr it's that smooth. This was very unexpected! I change gears and it just picks up right where you left it just continues. It's hard to explain but it's very impressive!! I'll get a vid up of cruising around

I went back to find you put the 9180 on , what Precision did you take off

I went back to find you put the 9180 on , what Precision did you take off

I had a PTE6262. Just ran out of puff at 430ish, I thought going anything bigger I'd lose the midrange punch which was awesome but yeah now it's even better.
  • Like 1

Yeah would be interesting to see how a 9174 would go.

I was waiting on a 9174 for 5 weeks as they had a shortage of some stock or something and just cbf waiting. Chris thought 9180 would be a lot laggier when I dropped it off but yeah good outcome.

And yes you got my Precision specs right lol. You've seen more of it than me [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

Starting to think I may have been a bit too conservative on a 2.8 Neo with VCT and a 7670 Buraz's result would be bonkers with AWD and 8k rpm to play with!

"Whatever size you think you need, go one up".

Seems to be quite fitting.

8374/1.05 on that thing all day!

*Unless you're Pete. 

That will really be put to the test when my car is running. All well and good to use a fancy turbo on a fancy engine, let's see how they good they work on an absolute nugget engine RB20.

Note: I don't think that 25/26 are really that fancy, just much better than 20's haha
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Piggaz said:

8374/1.05 on that thing all day!

*Unless you're Pete. 

That's a bit harsh :wacko: you really know how to hurt a bloke , LOL

As they say mate, each to their own , gotta luv that response :) 

So, just a small update:

I am flying out to pick up the car tomorrow. I will post some more pics when I get to the shop. Preliminary results on 91 octane are 558awhp. I didn't get the e85 numbers yet, but will tomorrow. Will post dynographs and give an update on the driveability of the vehicle as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, minesskyline said:

So, just a small update:

I am flying out to pick up the car tomorrow. I will post some more pics when I get to the shop. Preliminary results on 91 octane are 558awhp. I didn't get the e85 numbers yet, but will tomorrow. Will post dynographs and give an update on the driveability of the vehicle as well. 

What kind of dyno is this on?   Good luck for the rest of the tune, keen to hear how it goes - if you are winding it up then this should be a drop in the bucket considering what twin 6758s should be capable of :)

3 minutes ago, Lithium said:

What kind of dyno is this on?   Good luck for the rest of the tune, keen to hear how it goes - if you are winding it up then this should be a drop in the bucket considering what twin 6758s should be capable of :)

It's a Mustang AWD-MD-1100 dynamometer. I don't entirely know what this means though (in terms of output comparatively to other dynos). And yes, I am hoping for quite a good amount of power so, fingers crossed!

Edited by minesskyline

Cheers for the updates - that is actually even laggier than I expected, but of the ilk.  Glad you are at least not having issues building higher boost levels.... is the higher boost/E85 tune still being done today?

641+whp on 91 on a Mustang dyno isn't kidding around, that will be very interesting with E85 in it :O