SAU Community

SAUNSW Round 4 Drag Night

crashdown

SAUNSW Round 4 Drag Night

Here we are at the 4th and final round of the club championship. Drag racing!

Okay, so here are the details:

DATE: Wednesday 12th October 2016

WHERE: Sydney Dragway

HOW TO BOOK: Directly through Sydney Dragway 

LINK to SYDNEY DRAGWAY: http://www.sydneydragway.com.au/events/r4r121016/

Why not become a member of SAUNSW, you can do so at https://store5191044.ecwid.com/#!/SAUNSW-1-year-financial-Membership/p/38550086/category=10151475

SAUNSW Members Championship:

To receive your points for this round of the championship, please PM Crashdown your time slip by no later than midnight on the 17th October.

This Event will be the 4th and final Round of the  SAUNSW Championship.

The Championship contains 4 rounds
•April 20th 2016, Trackday at Wakefield Park
•June 5th 2016, Texikhana at Nirimba
•August 29th 2016, Trackday at South Circuit, SMSP
•October 12th 2016, Drags at WSID.

To gain your points you must be a financial member of SAUNSW and sign on with the Exec on the day.

Points are awarded for the top 20 fastest times of the day, with 20 points for 1st descending to 1 point for 20th.

Points for each round will be added together after round 4 and highest totals will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Trophy and prize packs will be presented at the November General meeting.

One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general.

When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to:

* Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly.
* Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should.
* Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAUNSW and thus, treat others accordingly.
* Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.

Any Questions Just ask

See you at the Track

SAU_Drags2011-164.jpg

• Like 1

Unless you have semi slicks or slicks, it's no different to launching on the road.

Less. I launched on the road on AD08R breaks traction easier. But on the strip with the rubber on the strip. Car actually feels like it's being twisted because the grip levels are different. Haha just my 2 cents. I don't usually do drags anyways.

Yeah a little slip on the clutch and I'd also suggest that you can't get your tyres (on a GTR) to the required heat levels to cause any huge hook up on launch.

Add to that the fact that AD08R's are a track semi with a stiff side wall and don't bag up like a drag semi/slick to give immense shock to the system, above and beyond what would happen on a regular road.

Sweet.

Nothing to the drags if you use a small amount of mechanical sympathy.

Don't be the guy who says he has 11ty7 killerwasps without actually running it, mph doesn't lie.

Hell, if your scared of breaking something dont launch hard, just do a normal take off and run it through the gears, you will still get a good mph.

Me, something  in the 13 seconds area and I'm happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pezhead said:

Like Jas said, pre-load the drive train (a little clutch slip) and don't go crazy with launch.  I actually found in my GTR 5500 launch had quicker 60ft than 6k, 7k or even 8k launches.

im so bad at it... hahahahaha but yeah maybe next time ill give it a go again!

2 hours ago, mlr said:

Sweet.

Nothing to the drags if you use a small amount of mechanical sympathy.

Don't be the guy who says he has 11ty7 killerwasps without actually running it, mph doesn't lie.

Hell, if your scared of breaking something dont launch hard, just do a normal take off and run it through the gears, you will still get a good mph.

Me, something  in the 13 seconds area and I'm happy.

i managed a 12.4 i think... but the launch felt like - *DAAAAMNNNN* haha - was my first time at the strip... 3 launches and i decided.. nup... enough... lol

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:42 AM, RiseofBrutality said:

100% in. Have we got a lane booked for the night? If not, might be a good idea, we'll be able to keep us all together + get a few grudge matches going

Might spend $$$ and get some semi-slicks for this one

We have booked a lane for the night.

The information below is from Sydney Dragway.

For a staging lane reservation on a Wednesday night “Race 4 Real” event, we need to keep to a maximum 25 cars. This is due to the length of the staging lane used… and the likelihood that other assigned lanes, hopefully, will be full.

We’ve made the process as easy as possible:

• There is no fee other than the normal $60 competitor entry fee, payable on entry through Gate 14
  • Choose a pit space and complete your entry form while still in the pit area
  • Take your COMPLETED entry form and drivers licence – on-foot – to Registration
  • Your lane reservation participants should each advise the Registration and Scrutineering officials that they are part of the lane reservation
  • Once your paperwork is approved and a wristband has been issued, then collect your car and bring it around for Scrutineering.

Please note: When drivers bring their car straight to scrutineering, then go and stand in a queue for Registration, you can imagine the traffic gridlock it creates. Everyone gets blocked and no one goes anywhere. So, please do the paperwork first, then scrutineering, then head into the staging lanes ready for racing.

It would help if each of your members could write your lane reservation name (i.e. Skylines) on their entry forms, before they get to Registration. That will ensure no one is missed and assigned to a different lane.

• Like 1

Hey guys, is this restricted to SAUNSW members only for our lane reservation? Me and one of my friends (Non SAUNSW) have been trying to organise a Wednesday night to go and race.