SAU Community

Alpha Omega Racing Evo 350mm Big Brake Kit Group Buy Round 3 (WTAC rear kit available)

timmy_89

Alpha Omega Racing Evo 350mm Big Brake Kit Group Buy Round 3 (WTAC rear kit available)

Hey all,

Alpha Omega Racing are running a group buy again just in time for World Time Attack Challenge.

You may already be aware, Alpha Omega Racing have been developing adaptor kits to fit front and rear Evo Brembo’s to S/R/Z chassis for some time now. This is now the third group buy run for the brake adaptor kits, and will this time include the front adaptor kit (Version 3), rear adaptor kit, and the new WTAC edition rear adaptor kit which has been developed to meet WTAC Clubsprint rules.

Company:

Alpha Omega Racing

www.alphaomegaracing.com

18x10_15a.jpg

Products:

Evo 350mm Brembo Front Brake Adaptor Kit and/or Evo 350mm Brembo Rear Brake Adaptor Kit. These adaptors are 100% CNC machined billet alloy, grade 7075, which is super lightweight and high strength.

18x10_15b.jpg

What's included (front kit):

- Left and right adapters made out of one piece of 7075-T6 billet aerospace alloy

- Various high tensile 12.9 bolts and high tensile washers

- Full installation instructions with pictures

17x9_15.jpg

Front fitment with 17x9 +15

What's included (rear kit):

- Left and right adapters made out of one piece of 7075-T6 billet aerospace alloy

- Hub spacers (standard rear kit only)

- Various high tensile bolts and high tensile washers

- Full installation instructions with pictures

18x10_35b.jpg
Rear fitment with 18x10 +35

What you need to get (front kit) - B.Y.O. or supplied by Alpha Omega Racing:

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 5/6/7/8/9 Brembo frontcalipers(including pads/pins/shims/clip)

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10 front 350x32mm rotors

- Custom brake lines

Alpha Omega Racing can supply all of the above parts, but you also have the options of sourcing them yourself. I personally sourced parts for my front kit elsewhere as I had my own lines made and picked up a cheap set of calipers. Alpha Omega Racing has these parts listed at:

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 5/6/7/8/9 Brembo frontcalipers (used) - $850

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10front350x32mm DBA T3 rotors (new) - $470; or

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10front350x32mm DBA5000 2pc (new) - $1200

- HEL custom braided brake lines (new) - $130

What you need to get (rear kit) - B.Y.O. or supplied by Alpha Omega Racing:

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 5/6/7/8/9 Brembo rear calipers (including pads/pins/shims/clip)

- Nissan 370Z rear 350x20mm rotors

- Custom brake lines

Again, Alpha Omega Racing can supply all of the above parts if desired. I personally sourced all parts from Alpha Omega Racing for convenience with the rear kit. Alpha Omega Racing has these parts listed at:

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 5/6/7/8/9 Brembo rear calipers (used) - $450

- Nissan 370Z rear 350x32mm DBA T2 rotors (new) - $450

- HEL custom braided brake lines (new) - $110

Silvia (180SX/S13/S14/S15) drivers who want a functioning handbrake will need to use the R32/R33/R34/Z32 rear drum setup, a very common upgrade.

It is also worth noting that the standard rear kit requires a 6mm hub spacer to be installed for caliper clearance, this will also push your wheel/tyre out a further 6mm so may affect guard clearances.

Alpha Omega Racing can also offer services to rebuild your used calipers, powder coat them, or even install the whole kit.

Using both the front and rear big brake kits developed by Alpha Omega will result in a 69:31 brake bias.

Wheel clearance:

Minimum of 17" race style wheels with good clearance are required.

Brake Master Cylinder:

You are able to retain your factory brake master cylinder, however it is recommended to upgrade to a brake master cylinder with a piston size of 17/16" (such as a BM57). Genuine OEM BM57 BMC’s are available from Alpha Omega Racing at a price of $500 (new), or you could also try to source from your usual Japanese parts suppliers or Nissan dealership if you desired.

Price:

Pricing for this group buy will be calculated per number of kits sold, not per buyer. For example, if 3 people buy a front and rear kit each, this will be calculated as 6 kits sold. Prices will be as below:

1-4 kits sold

- Front adapter kit for $370ea (no savings yet, group buy not activated)

- Rear adapter kit for $450ea (no savings yet, group buy not activated)

- Rear “World Time Attach Edition” adapter kit for $390ea (no savings yet, group buy not activated)

5-10 kits sold

- Front adapter kit for $345ea (save $25)

- Rear adapter kit for $400ea (save $50!)

- Rear “World Time Attach Edition” adapter kit for $340ea (save $50!)

11-15 kits sold

- Front adapter kit for $320ea (save $50!)

- Rear adapter kit for $350ea (save $100!!)

- Rear “World Time Attach Edition” adapter kit for $290ea (save $100!!)

16+ kits sold

- Front adapter kit for $295ea (save $75!!)

- Rear adapter kit for $300ea (save $150!!!)

- Rear “World Time Attach Edition” adapter kit for $240ea (save $150!!!)

Braided brake lines, rotors, calipers, bleeders, rebuilding, etc are not part of this group buy but you are welcome to order them altogether.

Group Buy Condition:

The group buy will run until close of business on Sunday 28th September 2016. Anybody interested in purchasing either of the kits as part of the group buy should notify me by the cut-off date and I will add them to the 'buyer list'. At the conclusion of the group buy (29th September 2016), I will tally the number of buyers and advise Alpha Omega with the total numbers. A discount ‘coupon code’ will be provided to each buyer on the 30th September 2016 allowing them to get the appropriate discount in the shopping cart on the Alpha Omega Racing website. It is expected that most orders will be placed between 3rd – 7th October 2016. Alpha Omega Racing will be closed during World Time Attack Challenge dates (10th – 14th October 2016). Upon returning to business, they will begin processing/shipping as soon as they return from their closure period for WTAC on the 17th October 2016.

Prior to the cut-off date all communication will be with me either via this thread or via PM. At the conclusion of the group buy, once you have been provided with the discount code, all communication will be between the buyer and Alpha Omega Racing. All shipping and payment details will be between the buyer and Alpha Omega Racing only. Any warranty on the product(s) will be provided by Alpha Omega Racing.

If you have any questions, regarding the kit or the pricing, please don't hesitate to ask either by posting in this thread or sending me a PM.

Cheers,

Tim

Apologies, I also meant to include a link to the WTAC edition rear kit as there is a small modification to the caliper required for this kit to fit, due to the fact there is no hub spacer used.

http://alphaomegaracing.com/p/149/c/72/Z32/ALPHA-OMEGA/Evo-350mm-Brembo-Rear-Brake-Adapter-Kit-WTAC-Edition.html

If you have any questions about it feel free to ask here or shoot me a PM.

OK guys so we have 9 kits currently. 2 more and we will hit the next discount bracket.

I also noticed that there was a mistake in my original post regarding dates. I said the group by would end on Sunday 28th September, obviously it is not Sunday tomorrow, just re-confirming the end date with Alpha Omega :)

OK guys, because of the miscommunication with dates, the final day for expressions of interest in the group buy has been extended to Friday 7th October 2016. The coupon code will be distributed to all parties ASAP after this date to allow orders to be placed. Processing and shipment of orders should remain in line with Monday 17th October as originally detailed.

5 hours ago, stranger12 said:

jsut to confirm the spacer for the rear is absolutly necessary ?

My wheel is 275 and I think If I use spacer it will catch the gaurd

In the 'normal' rear kit the hub spacer is necessary. There is no spacer used in the WTAC rear kit.