SAU Community

R34 GTT front brake disc recommendations

viper2002

R34 GTT front brake disc recommendations

Hi guys,

I'm looking to pick up a set of front brake discs for my R34 GT-T this weekend but I'm unsure which ones to go for.

Budget is set to around $200 for the front brakes. I have 18" wheels with stock calipers. Would prefer something slotted.

Can anyone recommend me which ones to get from a store I can pickup on Saturday? (ie: Supercheap, Autobarn or Repco).

Thanks

Slotted discs are intended to do one thing and one thing only.  That is to wear your pads away faster so that you need to buy them more often.  It's a cunning marketing/business development exercise perpetrated by the brake manufacturers.  They are of little to no use otherwise.

I would have said DBA.  Which for the front of an R34 is DBA42304 (plus whatever letters go on the end to describe the product line).  But it appears that they don't bother doing a non-slotted front rotor for R34s.  On which basis I would therefore reverse my instruction to not buy slotted and say buy the 4000 series slotted ones.  They are also more than double your desired budget though.

There is probably only one other readily available option that is not chingchong brand cast from cardboard, which is RDA.

If you have told me earlier I could have organised DBA rotors for tomorrow. 

If you want,  I'll check stock tomorrow and if they're in, I can arrange for you to pick up directly from their silverwater warehouse (if you're in Sydney, cant tell on mobile).

Flick me an email at Johnny  (at) trak-life.com 

• Like 1

The rda warehouse is in keysborough. You can't buy from them direct but if you buy through a dealer, you should be able to go and pick up. I usually buy through online performance Hallam. They usually do decent pricing on plain rotors. You will have to pick up tomorrow though as both places are closed on weekends.