SAU Community

Project Smurfette GTR build

khezz

Project Smurfette GTR build

Well it's a big moment in a life of a boy. Deposit paid and date booked in. My R32 is finally going to get a proper build. After reading many threads and posting a couple my self, the plane is just about set.

the engine will stay a 2.6L but the compression will go up to 9:1 (to help low end but still allowing me to run 98ron as a daily driver)

Mahle rods (it's amazing how many rods are made in China and re-stamped as something else)

wiseco psitons (come with a nice anti friction coating)

Cams will stay around 260/10.8mm mark (depending on the final choice of turbo)

will go to a single precision cea gen 2 turbo either the 6266 or the 6466 (still researching dyno graphs. Would love to have a streetable 700hp)

after doing as much ready on the borgwarner turbos as I could find, I decided not to go that rout. It is indeed a top end product but the titanium technology is not yet proven and if these turbos cost a fortune to repair. Plus there are more and more threads about both water and oil versions leaking. With precision being air cooled, that's not an issue. As for Garrett, well they are just not quite there yet with their technology. I want to stress that this is only my opinion and I am sure it will differ from person to person.

walbro pump 

1300cc injectors

oil 

and all the supporting little bits and pieces and machinery included.

car already has a twin plate clutch, adjustable cam gears, power fc d-jetro, trust drag intercooler, super stiff coilovers all around, bolt in rollcage. Currently a kitty has been started for an R34 6 speed box conversion. Hopefully I can through that in as the car is being finished of.

currently the car runs a light blue paint which is identical to a Smurf. Hence Smurfette. All the spoilers will be removed and paint smoothed out and fixed up. I already have a set of very light weight 17/10 wheels but might see if a I can the graphite colour redone on them. 

Power Goal is to have around 700awhp on E85 and 600awhp on 98ron. 

Driving goals are to run high 9 at the drags and see how close I can get to a 1 minute lap of the barbagallo long circuit (big ask).

all criticism and suggestions welcome.

will post pics over the weekend.

• Like 1

Well good luck to you.  Nice to see someone from Perth having a go.  You may want to have a look at Antilag as there are a few GT-R's getting built and written about on that site.

Seeing as you asked for criticism I would point to the following as questionable:

power fc d-jetro, trust drag intercooler, super stiff coilovers all around, bolt in rollcage. Currently a kitty has been started for an R34 6 speed box conversion.

Also if you want a 60 second lap at Wanneroo you will need brakes which probably wont be compatible with 17" rims.

I am looking into brakes. There are some good upgrades available but the time aim getting close to a minute lap time, I re Kon it will be time for digger callipers and wheels. Good call

10 minutes ago, khezz said:

I am looking into brakes. There are some good upgrades available but the time aim getting close to a minute lap time, I re Kon it will be time for digger callipers and wheels. Good call

By the time you are getting to 65 second lap times you will be hating on Sumitomo.  Trust me.

Photos as promised. She is looking rather sad after almost 4 years of storage. Found an old dynograph. Good news is oil is still see through and no water in it. Boost gauge will need an upgrade, only goes to 20psi. a902734b48d6f47a9f36000f52c2129e.jpgf68a6cd867014ca6129c45ae5c0f34c1.jpg0cb8e021fa0f070755d6db2ed0e2db20.jpgf6744db14ed65e281ea473a3fe573f56.jpgf075ee6367569cce3e4a64d0b13d2d3a.jpgf535079acfd7b53c0bc089e405b0234a.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Well it's been a few months since any updates. Allot has happened. Almost sold the car due to a health scare but luckily all is well. A few cheap parts have jumped out and changed my plans.

So now I'm going with an RB 26/30 combo.

Have a block
Rods
9-1 Pistons
Bearings

GTX4294 twin scroll turbo
Twin gates and manifold

Should make for a nice 800hp at the wheels combo on e85

Got a few new parts.

In tank twin 044 setup with surge tank

Fuel rail with ID 2000cc injectors

Rb30 bottom end with AWD sump adaptor plate.

Water pump

Getting closer to full Perth list

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's been another long break since the last update. Nothing brightens up a day like a box full of engine goodies. Once again, huge thank you to GhostK for his help with parts.

Rods
Pistons
Rings
Bearings
Belt
Tensioned
Water pump

Tomorrow I hope to get the huge turbo kit GTX4294R
Gates
Manifold
Dump
Screamers
2000id injectors
Fuel pumps
Fuel rail
Surge tank
I think that's it

Already have the RB30 bottom end with the 4WD sump adaptor

IMG_1742.JPGIMG_1743.JPGIMG_1744.JPGIMG_1745.JPGIMG_1746.JPGIMG_1747.JPGIMG_1748.JPGIMG_1749.JPG

• Like 1