SAU Community

R33 Gtr Prices -price Projections?

R33 Gtr Prices -price Projections?

It's getting late into 2016.

We have seen enormous rises in values of the R32 GT-R and perhaps even more so in the R34 GT-R.

Now that values of quality R33 GT-Rs have bounced. Can they "J-Curve" like its sisters - albeit in a milder fashion?

IMG_0332.jpg

Is it a good time to buy one? Thoughts?

12 hours ago, s2d4 said:

Maybe, if enough people like that shape, most people don't not that it matters really.
It never had the same impact/wins as the R32s in racing nor has the fast and furious Chris Walker factor or mines GTR factor..

It never had the same race presence because you can only kill the competition once, which the R32 did and cars were shit back then.

Chris walker factor yeah nah. I think there's a mines R33 too.

11 hours ago, junkie said:

This dealership is a bit bonkas, they have heaps of supposed genuine cars at absorbent prices.

Of course the R33's will go up in value for exceptional condition cars, like all cars. Unless you ask the sheep who fart out the same lines.

By how much? I think there's more wank factor on the GTR's at the moment then necessary.

I recently enquired with an importer about bringing over a grade 3.5 or 4 BNR33 with a budget of around $25,000. Apparently it would be difficult to find one in that condition for less than $28,000.

Really, for people who just want a good handling Japanese sports car to drive the GT-R is no longer a economical option (was it ever?). Good condition Gts-t's have even gone up in price, but for someone just looking to drive the thing they make a lot more sense value wise. 

Of course I've always wanted a GT-R, but with these prices an Evo makes so much more sense. I'll keep my Gts-t and get an Evo 8 for the same price as one 32 or 33 GT-R. 

Edited by colourclassic
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, colourclassic said:

I recently enquired with an importer about bringing over a grade 3.5 or 4 BNR33 with a budget of around $25,000. Apparently it would be difficult to find one in that condition for less than $28,000.

Really, for people who just want a good handling Japanese sports car to drive the GT-R is no longer a economical option (was it ever?). Good condition Gts-t's have even gone up in price, but for someone just looking to drive the thing they make a lot more sense value wise. 

Of course I've always wanted a GT-R, but with these prices an Evo makes so much more sense. I'll keep my Gts-t and get an Evo 8 for the same price as one 32 or 33 GT-R. 

Yea But Evos are a dime a dozen and they made heaps and heaps of them, Production numbers of R33GTRS was only something like 15000 R34gtr only like 12000. You can bet plenty of those are crashed and or turned in race cars so the number must be starting to deplete and become more rare.

2 minutes ago, stuz33 said:

Yea But Evos are a dime a dozen and they made heaps and heaps of them, Production numbers of R33GTRS was only something like 15000 R34gtr only like 12000. You can bet plenty of those are crashed and or turned in race cars so the number must be starting to deplete and become more rare.

That's my point though. As a collectors item the GT-R makes sense, but for those who want a car just to drive (many of us) the GT-R is overpriced for what you get in terms of handling, reliability and attainability of parts. 5-10 years ago this may have not been the case, but it is now. Hopefully the bubble bursts and I will be able to justify one, but for now there are better options, unless you're looking at it as an investment. 

• Like 1

4 Calls within 4 hours of listing mine for sale for 27K firm would indicate that there is plenty of interest out there.

Considering that an average 34 GTR is double the money for the same driveline, I would say a 'good' 33R will be 35K this time next yr  and fair enough IMO.

There are so many rough ones around, It's worth paying a bit more for a nice example.

They'll definitely go up in price. But like people said already, won't be as popular as the other 2.

Talking about evos. The ix is on the rare side here in aus because only a handful were aus delivered. And let's not forget how many of them will and have been destroyed through rally lol.

2 hours ago, colourclassic said:

That's my point though. As a collectors item the GT-R makes sense, but for those who want a car just to drive (many of us) the GT-R is overpriced for what you get in terms of handling, reliability and attainability of parts. 5-10 years ago this may have not been the case, but it is now. Hopefully the bubble bursts and I will be able to justify one, but for now there are better options, unless you're looking at it as an investment. 

Really how much can a car be an investment? Life expectancy is limited.

GTR's seem good on paper along with a lot of the classic jdm cars we love, you look at them online wow lovely. in reality once you have the rattles and the rest of the imperfection that you get with a car of that age for that type of money. I reckon it puts a damper on things. 

3 hours ago, colourclassic said:

On Fb. David Chandler (Gold Coast Qld) in "GTR's and GTR Parts For Sale.
Check out his White R33 GT-R for 22K

20 minutes ago, Terry_GT-R34 said:

On Fb. David Chandler (Gold Coast Qld) in "GTR's and GTR Parts For Sale.
Check out his White R33 GT-R for 22K

Thanks Terry.  I've seen that one but the lack of any information makes it hard to judge condition. QLD seems to be the best state for low price GT-R's though. I'd want to fly up to check chassis rails and for crash damage. 

It's good to understand that we can only have a conversation like this because all GTRs up to BNR34s are appreciating right now (as auctions are a driving force).

This particular thread would have been useless a year ago.

• Like 1