SAU Community

R33 Gtr Prices -price Projections?

1 hour ago, Terry_GT-R34 said:

It's good to understand that we can only have a conversation like this because all GTRs up to BNR34s are appreciating right now (as auctions are a driving force).

This particular thread would have been useless a year ago.

Canada appears to be after the BCNR33s at present.

Whilst auction results don't reveal this, SAU Member "roy8532" is having to buy parts for the Canuks in sizeable quantities.

Talking of this GTR, I wonder what happened to one that Autostyle used to own?

I don't know. It sort of just dropped off. Probably in storage lol

Probably or it has been bastardised too much to the point it isn't recognisable.

Its still alive. Now up in QLD.

I owned it for a while & only just sold it a few weeks ago.

the top secret r33 gtr actually got sent to the UK after its stint in Japan...

this is the one which did the famous 330km/h Wangan run....

it's since been refreshed with further headwork & different turbo setup...

http://www.speedhunters.com/2010/03/car_feature_gt_gt_meeting_a_legend_the_drag_r_ii_skyline_r33_top_secret/

the one in Australia, well - it was passed off as the famous version but it was not. the real top secret gtr has never been in Aus

Guys looking for someone stock or easy enough to revert back to stock, prices seem reasonable at the moment and can't see them increasing in price anytime soon for r33, would definitely not pay more than it's worth. 

Anyone have any info on this GTR r33 in Vic ? https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1995/SSE-AD-3735120

or these two in QLD? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1995/SSE-AD-3920110

And

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1995/SSE-AD-4215326

38 minutes ago, NissTrust said:

That car has a Nismo cluster, meaning it almost certainly doesn't have the 51,000km shown. Glad to be proven wrong, however I wouldn't pay near 30k for that particular car. 

12 minutes ago, admS15 said:

It's all relative to availability. As time goes on and the number of good clean cars decreases, the price will go up. Supply and demand. Fact of life.

Realisically how much can they appreciate supply and demands one thing, is everyone going to have to pay 100k+ for a GTR? bs. If prices rise to much who the hell will buy them, when you can get a brand new WRX's,clubsports ect.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, colourclassic said:

That car has a Nismo cluster, meaning it almost certainly doesn't have the 51,000km shown. Glad to be proven wrong, however I wouldn't pay near 30k for that particular car. 

Engine bay looks dirt too.

Realisically how much can they appreciate supply and demands one thing, is everyone going to have to pay 100k+ for a GTR? bs. If prices rise to much who the hell will buy them, when you can get a brand new WRX's,clubsports ect.  

Not me but someone hell bent on owning a gtr and just has to have it, probably will. Prices have already started going up, they're not going to start coming down because we don't like it. LOL.

Lol. The "worth" as you say will be dictated by the masses.

As long as the 32 and 34 increase, the 33 will also increase. Will very likely be no where near that of the 34 but they will go up if the rest of the market increases

I agree with Hadouken.

I bought my 33 GTR in nov 2014 for 20k. Back then there weren't many advertised at 35k+....those that were usually had rebuilds with serious money spent .
There were definitely more advertised from 18-24k mark. Now those cars would probably be advertised anywhere from 24 to 30 grand I believe.

Agreed with above - they'll never be as expensive as 32's & 34's - I bought mine at $24k - stock Vspec example earlier this year. But nothing drives like a GTR - if I move it on in 5 years for $35k I'll be even on rego, insurance, servicing & consumables - cheap for the same drive train as the others

There's a big price difference between series 1/2 and 3. S1/2 are around 25k whereas S3 are between 30-40k. They are also pretty rare - I've only seen 4 posted for sale in the past year. 

Edited by HOOAH