SAU Community

R33 Gtr Prices -price Projections?

On 8/15/2018 at 7:40 PM, BakemonoRicer said:

For a low km, grade 4.5 R33 GTR Vspec....

I predict 100-120k by 2021.

I respectfully disagree.

R34 GTR prices (with the exception of rare models) have reached the top of the bell curve now. They might be a flat 100K by 2021 across the board, shit ones included, so i doubt the 33 will be at the same price point.

On 12/19/2017 at 8:42 AM, Blitz said:

Reviving this thread.

Still contemplating a full detail, tune and advertising mine properly, however hesitant of timewasters - Seems there are a number around.

Anyone advertised and managed to successfully sell a Series 3 BCNR33 of late?

Mines either going to a new home at the start of the new year, or its copping another big round of mods because I can't help myself :/

So what does the mod list look like? ?

2 hours ago, djvoodoo said:

I respectfully disagree.

R34 GTR prices (with the exception of rare models) have reached the top of the bell curve now. They might be a flat 100K by 2021 across the board, shit ones included, so i doubt the 33 will be at the same price point.

Some R34 prices from NZ (these are asking prices - don't know what people are actually paying) $110k, $105, $119,  $135, $136 and $140 (yes there are a lot for sale ...good luck with those prices!) R33 GTRs are $45k and $59K. A low mileage 2008 GTR is $60!

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1730807935.htm?rsqid=41d7dd5ec144454daa6a8feac1a9ed56

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1736379754.htm?rsqid=41d7dd5ec144454daa6a8feac1a9ed56

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1724966254.htm?rsqid=41d7dd5ec144454daa6a8feac1a9ed56

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1716864123.htm?rsqid=41d7dd5ec144454daa6a8feac1a9ed56

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1716863835.htm?rsqid=41d7dd5ec144454daa6a8feac1a9ed56

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1726705032.htm?rsqid=41d7dd5ec144454daa6a8feac1a9ed56

2 hours ago, djvoodoo said:

I respectfully disagree.

R33 is a LOT more popular in USA than the 32. And 32's are hitting 80k+ already. 

An MPII 34 grade 4 with 80,000kms? in OK condition sold for 160k. Remember, collectors want the cream so have to pay for the cream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

R33 is a LOT more popular in USA than the 32. And 32's are hitting 80k+ already. 

An MPII 34 grade 4 with 80,000kms? in OK condition sold for 160k. Remember, collectors want the cream so have to pay for the cream.

Wow I'll have to start exporting them from NZ to USA! Presumably you can register LHD cars (steering wheel on right)?

Just a quick update for you. Since purchasing my car, i've up the insurance value from 80 to 95k. So R33s breaking 100k might just happen. :)

I've spoken to a few people in the US and they are of the opinion that R33s will eventually outprice 32s or at least carry a similar price tag over there. He spoke about the 32s breaking the ice for imports and parts, and how some people he was speaking to were hanging on for the R33s. They were deemed to be more desirable than the 32s while being more attainable than the 34s for most of his potential clients.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, BakemonoRicer said:

If you're talking about the one that sold at auction in Tokyo recently, that had 47,000km and was well above average condition. Sold for 9.2mil yen 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this topic a lot of late. Does anyone have any hard data for the appreciation curves of GTR (any models).
I'm thinking of creating a spreadsheet to track volunteers who are willing to disclose their purchase prices. 

• 9 months later...
On 20/09/2018 at 11:41 AM, Steve85 said:

I've been thinking about this topic a lot of late. Does anyone have any hard data for the appreciation curves of GTR (any models).
I'm thinking of creating a spreadsheet to track volunteers who are willing to disclose their purchase prices. 

Bumping up. I too would love to know where I can get the data from... Is there a way of obtaining past data from Redbook, do you know?

Bumping up. I too would love to know where I can get the data from... Is there a way of obtaining past data from Redbook, do you know?
I actually started to look into this, then got distracted.

Closest thing i can find are the Auction results online for Japanese Auctions (GTR registry has started to record some) and an American website for classic cars called Hagerty. They do valuations for the American market.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1993-Nissan-Skyline-GT~R

I have no info on the UK market (except facebook posts and that's all anecdotal).

Basically the best way to keep on top of prices is to be watching the market that you are in and compare it to the others around the world.Screenshot_20190720-144532_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, Steve85 said:

I actually started to look into this, then got distracted.

Closest thing i can find are the Auction results online for Japanese Auctions (GTR registry has started to record some) and an American website for classic cars called Hagerty. They do valuations for the American market.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1993-Nissan-Skyline-GT~R

I have no info on the UK market (except facebook posts and that's all anecdotal).

Basically the best way to keep on top of prices is to be watching the market that you are in and compare it to the others around the world.Screenshot_20190720-144532_Chrome.jpg

Thank you, Steve

• Like 1

A quick look at TradeMe shows NZ asking prices for an R33 GTR ranging from $50k to $65K (five cars).

R34 GTRs are one at $132k, 2 @ $150k and one at $181K!!

Just to complete the picture R32 GTRs :

One at $57k, 2 @ $64k,  2 @ $68k, and one at $84k

What they will actually sell for, who knows?!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If it means anything, I paid about $38k USD for my virgin 85km V-spec series 1. I think the 1995 is in high demand due to them becoming legal in the US next year. 1995 GTRs are the last year of the Skylines that can get a CA license plate too, without getting through the expensive OBDII emissions issue. I see the 1995 going for a premium in CA.

A couple series 1's hit the auction this past week but not sure what they sold for. Last series 1 grade 4 v-spec I bid on and lost sold for 4,500,000 yen two weeks ago.

Low mileage full original no repair history r32's go for 5-6,000,000 Yen here in Japan now.

• Like 1

Evan we are lucky to have bought GTRs now as it will be virtually impossible in the near future. The prices will be even more insane than what they are.

There is no other car that makes the power the way a GTR does, nor is there a turbo engine that sounds nearly as haunting as the RB26. Not even the 2JZ sounds as good as the RB!!!

The skyline GTR was the hero car for the end of an era.

Evan we are lucky to have bought GTRs now as it will be virtually impossible in the near future. The prices will be even more insane than what they are.
There is no other car that makes the power the way a GTR does, nor is there a turbo engine that sounds nearly as haunting as the RB26. Not even the 2JZ sounds as good as the RB!!!
The skyline GTR was the hero car for the end of an era.
Man you're making me want to buy another one! I can't wait to spend some more time with my gtr. I really didn't get to spend much time with my r34 once I found out it'll never be legal in CA. We're all lucky!

• 9 months later...