SAU Community

R33 Gtr Prices -price Projections?

2 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Have to be a fair retard to pay that

He was right last time though... ? just saying.
Also, have you met the rest of the world??? ? There's some interesting folks out there.

On 6/21/2020 at 12:17 AM, Ben C34 said:

Have to be a fair retard to pay that

Have you seen prices on 993 Turbos? The 996 Turbo is effectively the same car but with water cooled heads and various other improvements. Many pieces are literally stamped 964 or 993 to indicate when they were first used.

• 1 year later...
On 10/29/2021 at 8:56 PM, sonic99 said:

Well done, mate! :)

Can you predict what will happen in the next 3 years?

Yes I was on the money that's for sure yet no one believed it. 

Predicting by 2024/25 that prices will be close to 300k for an R33 GTR V Spec in mint condition.

I think realistically you are looking between 500-700k for an R34 GTR Vspec I/II in 2024/5.

On 01/11/2021 at 9:12 PM, BakemonoRicer said:

Yes I was on the money that's for sure yet no one believed it. 

Predicting by 2024/25 that prices will be close to 300k for an R33 GTR V Spec in mint condition.

I think realistically you are looking between 500-700k for an R34 GTR Vspec I/II in 2024/5.

Nooooooooo way!!!! 😲

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 10:00 PM, sonic99 said:

Nooooooooo way!!!! 😲

Yes way!

Put that money in any bank and see what kind of interest rate they will give you on it.

That's one of the reasons why the value $ rate of climb so high as well !

People are looking for a high rate of return on their investment

Trouble is, it is an investment with no actual value. Objectively the cars are truly worthless when they are "priced" at those sorts of numbers, because you can't buy one with the intention to drive it, if you also want to be able to obtain a massive capital gain. People paying massive prices for these cars are buying something that is supercar money without supercar performance, and in order to preserve the "value", you can't even use what performance it does have. So the whole "I've always wanted one of these, I love the performance and the way they drive, and now I have the money to afford it" line you hear is a complete load of shit. It might have been believable at the $50-100k price region, but it just bullshit at multiples of that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 02/11/2021 at 11:21 AM, GTSBoy said:

Trouble is, it is an investment with no actual value. Objectively the cars are truly worthless when they are "priced" at those sorts of numbers, because you can't buy one with the intention to drive it, if you also want to be able to obtain a massive capital gain. People paying massive prices for these cars are buying something that is supercar money without supercar performance, and in order to preserve the "value", you can't even use what performance it does have. So the whole "I've always wanted one of these, I love the performance and the way they drive, and now I have the money to afford it" line you hear is a complete load of shit. It might have been believable at the $50-100k price region, but it just bullshit at multiples of that.

Yep I totally agree with this!  Reason I bought the skyline to begin with was my belief that if anything ever went wrong I could pick up an NA shell and use panels off that to fix my car. BUT with the prices where they are at now, I have concerns that if I binned the car it would cost me a fortune to fix. That means I want to track it less and when I do track it I would need to baby it a bit to ensure I didn't write it off, so then slowly it would just become a static piece of art in my garage and it would have no real world use anymore.....

Hence I sold it to someone who wants to daily drive it everyday, it needed to be released to be wild and free :)

On 11/2/2021 at 11:21 AM, GTSBoy said:

Supercar buyers have the money to pay for supercar mods.

Some people live life with a "money is no object" approach and that's the reality for people buying Skylines now

On 11/3/2021 at 10:02 AM, BakemonoRicer said:

Some people live life with a "money is no object" approach

Yes, but that is not consistent with the concept of an "investment". That is purely not giving a f**k or disposing of the proceeds of crime, or both.

If they buy it and flog it, then they're not treating it as an investment. They already pissed the money up the wall when they bought it whatever super inflated price it was. They're just making sure that they can't get the money back.

If they buy it and don't drive it, then they are treating it like an investment. But in this case, what I said about the object of the investment not actually having the value assigned to it by the purchase price remains true. The only reason that the object can be considered to have that value is because at least one other person agrees that the object is worth that much money. And whilst that fact will also be true, it does not invalidate my claim that that value is completely imaginary and not based on any measurable grounds. You still can't drive it like a $500k supercar. Therefore it is not a $500k supercar. It is a $50k 20-30 year old pretty good car that someone has paid way too much for. If you do drive it like the $50k pretty good car that it is, you will erode the "value" that you put into it by paying far too much for it.

• Like 1

my 2c on the topic of these prices

1. People with this kind of cash to burn on an old Skyline are collectors or investors, they wont be interested in 90% of the overpriced cars out there. Proceeds of crime will generally go into some kinda AMG, RS Audi or other farting Euro.

2. US interested is overrated. Once the smash the subscribe button youtuber crowd lose interest and the RHD fad dies down thy will move onto the next big thing. 

3. Too many cars are sold as is, with damage, very iffy mileage, cluster swaps, worn interiors and bad mods. Nobody will pay top dollar for that.

4. Most people who love these cars have already gone thru ownership on the past and have moved onto something else.

5. New generation of P platers only seems to be interested in fart tunes and wont pay 40k for a non turbo R34 GT. Cant impress the ladies with an old Skyline

So what is everyone saying?  It seems to me you guys are thinking the prices are overinflated and will come back down?

One point I'll note is that Skyline pricing is not necessarily impacted by modifications in a negative way.  Obviously there will be some extreme cases where someone will pay insane money for a low km unmodified example but for the most part the high prices are being paid for highly modified cars which in other brands/types of cars would be seen as sacrilegious and would devalue them.

I'm not sure what I feel.  I don't think they will go down.  they may plateau for a while but I'm confident they will only ever keep heading north.  They aren't building any more of them and for the most part 2000's cars are a long way from being considered classics so I think there will be a genuine desire for them for a long time yet.

It will keep going.....the USA market is huge, they alone have probably doubled the worldwide demand - so same supply, but double the demand.  Coupled to that, the US market is financially affluent - unlike in some countries - its not just a game for the rich.  I know one day it will reach its 'saturation point' and they will move on, but that day is still a long way off.

• 2 months later...

Nismo BCNR33 400R advertised for sale by Harlow Jap Autos for 2.8 Million AUD.

As expected we are approaching Ferrari F40 money on many of these cars which was to be expected.

The Skyline is just a poster icon for the 90's generation. Obviously, us people born in the 90's or of course...the Gran Turismo generation, are hugely responsible for surging the values especially with many becoming rich through YouTube, Crypto, et al. Naturally, the older generation now show appreciation for the cars after realising "what they had", creating huge worldwide demand.

https://www.harlow-jap-autos.co.uk/stockcode/hja400r40

I still stick to my comments that we will see BCNR33's at the 300k mark, probably more, sooner than everyone expects...the BNR34 will be unaffordable to most and will drag the value of the BCNR33 up as a result.