SAU Community

Drag Rear end set ups

Adz2332

Drag Rear end set ups

Hey all

Im looking at changing the rear end of my r33 gtst. runs about 400kws at the wheels. im struggling to get any traction even on a well prepped strip and slicks.

Below is a video, if you turn the sound up you can hear im on and off throttle the whole time and spinning/loosing traction the whole time.

At the moment it just has a welded diff and lower springs with soft shocks,

What can i do to sort this??

video-1477097823.mp4

• 3 weeks later...

A strut/spring setup in the rear with quick/light compression and slow rebound will allow the car to squat and transfer more weight over the rear wheels. I woudl think the front would have a stiffer spring with high rebound in contract.

This is what I can gather however.

I can't tell if you have slicks or not but I went from 1.7's to 1.5's in just learning to use them properly (proper burnout heat). Also doing your burnouts in the water box will coat your wheel wells in water and when you get to the line and stage it drips down on the tires! This is bad.

Also slipping the clutch off the line will cause you to get off the line super quick and without spinning tires if done right. Really a hard thing to master.

Do you have launch control? what RPM are you leaving at? What tires are you running>?