SAU Community

WTB R33 GT-R Rear Speakers

Super Roo

WTB R33 GT-R Rear Speakers

Hi all, many thanks as always for your ongoing help with my work on my car, it's greatly appreciated :12_slight_smile:.

Short version: WTB stock or similar rear speakers for R33 GT-R.

Detailed version: A previous owner of my car did a super dodgy speaker install in the rear. They put in what I believe are 6x9s, but to avoid contacting the battery they had to put in MDF spacers which looked terrible and made the speakers contact the window. I removed them and the parcel shelf, but the shelf liner was cut to fit, so I've sourced a replacement. Fortunately they didn't cut the actual metal underneath, might be an extra hole or two but nothing structural. This leaves me in need of replacement speakers so I don't have gaping holes. Personally I really don't care about sound in the car (not what I bought it for), but my wife would like to be able to somewhat hear music haha, and it would be nice for longer highway trips, so I'm after speakers not a blanking solution. As far as I can tell there's no aftermarket amp, just the aftermarket head unit. So I'm after a pair of rear speakers that I can just plug into the wires and mount easily to deliver a factory appearance. Stock speakers would seem to fit that bill nicely if anyone has some following an upgrade, but I would also take some 6 inch aftermarket ones that are sufficiently shallow to avoid the battery and either use the stock holes or mount easily enough without massive amounts of hacking. The other thing is I have those speaker straddling child seat anchor points, and would like something that'll fit under those.

Thanks for your time in reading this!