SAU Community

Sell 34R for something Euro?

Sell 34R for something Euro?

Just looking at the moment, but what are peoples thoughts on these 3. 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Audi-S5-2012/SSE-AD-4247803/?Cr=4

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3914407

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3960289

I realise my 34 will suck the doors off all of those, but I'm looking at what's around for the money I'd get selling that's newer, comfier, quieter, etc.

I have the Silvia for track duties/thrashing/that raw feeling etc. The GT-R is kind of in limbo for me so I'm just have a look around. 

I was warned off the 4.2L Audi V8 and the E92 M3 styling doesn't do much for me. 

R35s seem too expensive for the age/potential repair costs etc. Also there's nobody here that can deal with an R35s more complicated issues if they did arise. 

Edited by ActionDan

Ideally no more than what I can get for the 34, less is better.

It's a weekender only, so 2 doors is fine, a bit of go with some tuning potential witj bolt ons, can do manual or auto depending on the auto.

Depreciation is something I guess I should consider also.

I went back and had a look at the E92, seems people can get just on 300rwkw NA which isn't too shabby. Would be older than the other examples I listed though.

Not going to lie I was looking at the 370z Nismo for some reason, but moment i opened up the garage and saw the 34 there it quickly went away haha.

I would stay away from euro - simple to the fact if you ever need to fix something it costs a lot and every part of the car is bound by like 15 screws and clips makes you go crazy.

Would be good to see if somebody is willing to do a swap maybe? Whats giving you thoughts on selling  the 34, old age?

BMW E46 M3 6sp manual. Awesome engine , would prefer this over e90/92/93.

Tough looking car , looks good with a set of csl wheels.

Couple of things of things to look out for

Noisy cam followers
Rear subframe cracks. Most have been repaired.

Obviously there could be other issues I haven't mentioned but most of the cars I have seen have been fine.

And yes expect to pay "M" price for parts.

Ryan

You would get over the s5 in seconds.
The ttrs might be nice. But I'm not a fan of the body shape.
I'd never own a BMW.

Stay away from euro cars, they are expensive, unreliable, and crap build quality, my wife's bmw is still at the dealer getting fixed, going on 6 weeks now, always something wrong, this time the engine died.

Lol ALL euros you say.

Have you considered a c63 amg?

If I were to do a euro I would think about a c63 or rs6 (wagon)

Buy a evo!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, what about Golf R? MK6 or 7.

Goes alright especially with tune, brilliant DSG, cheap to insure (compared to STI/Evo of same age) and well built. I have one that is out of warranty but no issues arise so far.

Or what this guy said C63, they make the best racket.

No hot hatches.

Looked at c63 but as with every other bloody thing listed, there's also a list of common faults.

Then again, the RB isn't exactly known for being bulletproof either.

I did consider putting nicer shocks and clutch in the 34 to make it a bit less harsh to just drive. Its ok when you're on it, but a bit too firm and rough when you just wanna cruise (BC ER coilovers, already got damper and rebound on max soft, and ATS twin plate carbon).

Any choice is a compromise in some ways. Maybe that's why the 35 is popular, keep the performance but a bit nicer to live with. It's the box issues that scare me.

A guy I work with has had all variants of gtr over the last 15 years. He had an 07 R35 and an 12 R35 which he just sold. The 07 gearbox failed just out of warranty and he said it's not a matter of if but when it will fail. He sent the box to willall racing in SA and had it fixed and upgraded for around 6k. The 2012 box was fine. He says from late 2010 on the box issues where fixed. He had no other unexpected issues with either car but he only drove them on weekends and didn't track them either.