SAU Community

Who still daily's their Skyline?

These days i dont daily my gtr as i fly alot but the misso drives it to work regularly. Kinda expensive but she seems to enjoy it. Been up her lately as it has gone from an original 21000ks when we bought it to now just over 60000ks. Would love to keep ot under the magic 80000k mark 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to daily my Bayside Blue GTT up until it was written off by a p plater.

Put over 30,000kms on it in just over a year...

I've since bought a replacement. But as my main form of transport is now public, I imagine this will see far less daily usage.

On 26/12/2016 at 7:05 PM, 33GTRV said:

These days i dont daily my gtr as i fly alot but the misso drives it to work regularly. Kinda expensive but she seems to enjoy it. Been up her lately as it has gone from an original 21000ks when we bought it to now just over 60000ks. Would love to keep ot under the magic 80000k mark 

Just wind it back again...

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dr phil said:

So who has a mechanical lsd in their daily? What type, and how do you rate it?

It's more like a 'twice-weekly' than a daily but the R34 is our only car and has a Nismo 1.5-way in it. Hmm.... I'm learning to live with it but the diff is not great cold, or in the suburban shuffle in general. Some more impressions here: https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/466340-nismo-gt-vs-gt-pro-run-in-time/?do=findComment&comment=7779277

• Like 1

On 1/23/2017 at 7:01 PM, dr phil said:

So who has a mechanical lsd in their daily? What type, and how do you rate it?

KAAZ 1.5 way in my daily

Best modification I did to the car, and I've done a lot. The handling dynamics are chalk and cheese. With a 1.5 way the chassis listens to you - even on the limits it's point and steer as long as you're good with your throttle and brake inputs.

They are clunky for the first 2-3000km (read: someone repeatedly hitting the back of your car with a hammer when turning) but this gets significantly better as it beds in. Pro tip: ditch the stock 75w90 oil after run in (1000km) and use Penrite's 85w140 LS - it's thicker and quietens the diff, particularly after it gets hot. Don't need the clutches to bite so hard on the street. This goes for the Nismo 1.5 way too.

It's now very friendly and streetable - probably helps I've learned how to drive it smoothly too. Low speed turns out of slip lanes when off-boost can occasionally feel like driving a locker - this is the only hindrance I notice these days.

• Like 2