SAU Community

R32 GTST rb25 neo rebuild

Just when I thought everything was well with the world, the car started to misfire...As the days went past, the misfire became more & more noticeable. Only occurring when light-cruising, I was scratching my head at what it could be.

Checking coil-packs, replacing spark-plugs, disconnecting o2 sensor, cleaning AFM & even pulling apart the AFM to check soldering, the car would continue to surge & misfire!! Panic started to flood-in, did I break something fundamental, have I damaged this 2000km old engine before its final tune?!? Knowing my luck, this build has been anything but straight forward...

Nothing wrong here...
IMG_1097.thumb.JPG.38f1dd0d19b2a1e58293d82696065bef.JPG

A glimmer of hope, Justin from RevZone contacted me & advised me that a tune-window had opened up just before Christmas. However with this misfiring issue playing havoc, this could mean another half-cooked tune if this problem chewed through the time. Not one to turn back a challenge, Justin said to bring the car past & they will check over it once more before the tune.

Fingers crossed!

Problem found! Misfire issue resolved, crisis diverted!

Matt from Nistune & Justin from RevZone did some live troubleshooting and found the NEO boost-sensor tripping! 
This was causing the car to r&r/misfire at random. Car is ready for its final tune :D Shout-out to Matt for all his help with Nistune.

RevZone pulled-out all the cards to ensure a rock-solid final tune.
As the tune was booked-in on a 36degree day, they refreshed the tune in the morning when it was much cooler. In addition, they even wired in their own Wideband sensor and finished-off with a road-tune to ensure it idles, cruises & drives perfectly. They even topped-up with extra e85 petrol as they ran-out :221_see_no_evil:

The final result:
Forged Rb25 NEO w/ GTX3071genII @ 27psi~ made a whopping 370kw atw
IMG_1135.thumb.jpg.5ae85b5138d9733d2513845dbca6efd3.jpg
IMG_1136.thumb.JPG.343af8a9e382071b6deafc4b833546a0.JPG

Clocking the boost-gauge, its a blur watching it peak to 27psi~ :4_joy:
IMG_1134.thumb.JPG.e3840789ebd6a2fd75a812d07debc875.JPG

A 2 year journey; from a rb20 230kw to a NEO rb25 370kw....its finally time to drive the car :17_heart_eyes:

• Like 11