SAU Community

Y34 Cedric auto issues.

Cedric

Y34 Cedric auto issues.

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place etc. but I'm stuck, just bought a Nissan Cedric y34 with the vq30dd in it for my missus, drove from Sydney to wagga without a drama (5+ hours) , got near home at a set of traffic lights and as I took off it seemed as tho the transmission slipped into neutral, I rolled back because it wouldn't select any gears turned the car off, selected park and waited a few minutes. We then started it again it selected gears although after sitting there in park for a minute it slipped into 'neutral' again. It had to be towed to work and now I'm lost, checked fluids all seemed fine but it just continues to not select any gears. If anyone at all has any idea please help because I'm currently out of ideas !!! Thanks a lot, Paul. 

So for the people reading, we dumped the pan today and pulled the filter out, the pan was full of extremely fine metal and the fluid was literally metallic. The filter was also absolutely clogged. We put a new filter in and cleaned the pan out and will drive the car for a few weeks and recheck it again. At this stage it looks as tho the clutch packs are pretty much dead so am now looking for another re4r01b gearbox. This box can also be found in an r34 and also the Nissan stagea and have found a few different ones that I will keep on my list if this thing decides to shit itself.