SAU Community

Getting a roadworthy in Vic

r32GTSTI6

Getting a roadworthy in Vic

Hey guys Im trying to get my 1990 r32 gtst ready for a roadworthy and Im wondering what else I need to do to make sure it passes. I've already fixed pretty much everything myself but since im just a kid with no mechanical training theres still some stuff I dont know how to fix. Can I get a roadworthy with:

• All aircondition stuff doesnt work as the headunit thing for the AC doesnt work at all
  • Heater doesnt work (just wondering if I need a demister)
  • Horn doesnt work
  • Headlights and highbeams dont work
  • Has a pod filter
  • 3rd gear completely worn off
  • sometimes wont go into reverse

I will probably fix the headlights and horn once I my multimeter finally gets here.

Edited by r32GTSTI6
forgot something

My problems now are that: horn is all wired up and I replaced all the fuses yet no sound from the horn even though I can physically see the relay clicking. New horn? Could someone tell me where the horn is so I can replace it? Second is for some reason turning on the headlights makes the highbeams go on as well? Is that okay for roadworthy? And how can I get the front demister to work again when the entire ac unit thing doesnt even turn on and the a/c pump thing doesnt work? Thanks for any help

2 minutes ago, Downforce said:

The horns are in front of the radiator. Attached to the bonnet locking mechanism.

found the problem. Previous owner has PULLED THE f**kING HORN OFF.  God damnit i feel like half my problems are due to the previous owner messing with everything. Anyway thanks for the help.

• 4 weeks later...