SAU Community

R34 GTT Traction Control, SLIP and Engine light on

viper2002

R34 GTT Traction Control, SLIP and Engine light on

Hi guys,

A few days ago when I was driving I noticed that the Traction Control OFF, SLIP and Engine Light had all turned on all of a sudden.

The car didn't drive any differently (no miss-fires, performance loss or anything) so it seems something else is up. I disconnected the battery and re-connected it which temporarily stopped the issue for a few minutes (this was after a cold start however), but now it's back.

Any ideas what it could be? I've done some research and some people are saying throttle bottle (I've checked the cables), coil packs (these were brand new only a few years ago) and a few other things, but there is no definite answer.

How can I go about getting this fixed? I don't want to fork out $500 on coil packs only for it to not be the issue.

Thanks!

Picture for reference:

IMG_1644.JPG

Yep check your fault codes: http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/266512-reading-nissan-fault-codes-ecu-fault-codes-how-read-them/

My car throws TCS + SLIP ever since the manual conversion, no more traction control but oh well.

I also get engine light on after disconnecting the CAS, have you done that recently? Resetting the ECU using Nissan DataScan (or a paperclip) clears this error.

You could try unplugging and reconnecting the TPS too just to see if that makes any difference.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The magical pixies in the standard ECU are smarter than you give them credit for.

I was getting fault code 21 for a couple of weeks for no apparent reason and then suddenly I lost a cylinder at light cruise.  That cylinder would then come and go intermittently.

Replaced coil packs with a brightly coloured aftermarket brand, and they seemed OK until a dyno day when they started misfiring.

Replaced with Splitfires, and they've been great.