SAU Community

My 1975 C110 Skyline Restoration

4 hours ago, Adzmax said:

I picked up an R200 with a 4.4 LSD on the weekend, I'll strip this down and rebuild it along with the rest of the rear end in the coming weeks. 

IMG_2134(2).JPG

7 Days for a update bruh, whats happening :P

In all seriousness, take your time, build is looking awesome :D

7 hours ago, jmknights93 said:

Such an awesome thread. Loving these updates :)

Thanks mate! 

Some goodies we purchased in Japan at Nostelgic 2 Day arrived today (no pun intended), a set of S.E.V Marchal headlights.

IMG_2144(2).JPG

• Like 2

It's been a pretty crazy few weeks so not a lot happening on the car front, hoping to reassemble and pain the GTR grill this weekend though. I can't for the life of me find the paint sample we made up so I had to get a mate to send me down his colour chips for matching, no paint codes available for this stuff unfortunately.

I was going though some boxes from my trip to Japan in Feb this year and found these goodies. Some door handles, a GTR style gear know, NOS badges, water heater seal and stainless trim for the centre console.

IMG_2198(1).JPG

Also a whole bunch of stickers for the car, it's the little details that make the difference! :)

IMG_2194(1).JPG

• Like 2

So a pretty major development this week, Lachlan Fowler at Les Collins Racing had a fully built 3.3ltr L series short block for sale which I've purchased. He's decided to go down the full billet crank race spec path meaning the built bottom end is no longer needed. I'll supply my own P90 head to the builder to be ported, polished and rebuilt. The motor should be good for 350hp and 280ft'lbs of torque with the right head, cam and induction. 

15284933_1897085613859212_5217692613594099019_n.jpg

Short motor specs are:

• L28 3.3ltr short engine.
  • 89mm bore x 89mm stoke = 3322cc
  • Engineered by Les Collins
  • F54 block. Acid dipped, 1/2 grout fill, sonic tested & offset bored to 89mm & finial diamond honed to exact clearance.
  • Deck milled parallel to crank tunnel centreline. 
  • Clearanced crankcase, de-burred & painted in Gyptal.
  • New gallery plugs. Blanked oil pressure relief port.
  • Standard sump & pickup (to be replaced with Kameari pickup)
  • Modified 89mm stroke crankshaft, oil gallery plugs tapped & plugged.
  • Custom CNC billet steel 8.8kg flywheel to suit crank (no clutch assy).
  • 137mm I-beam connecting rods with ARP2000 rod bolts.
  • Custom SPS 89mm forged pistons – designed to work with a P90 head.
  • New timing chain guides & new Kameari HD timing chain.
  • New OEM front timing cover (de-burred, polished & water-jet blasted) fitted with replated bolts.
  • New Water pump.

At this stage I'm looking towards injection as the 44 Mikuni carbs I have just wont be big enough and would limit the motor to around 280hp. The other option is 47mm OER carbs but Jenvey make a 47mm heritage DCOE twin body with the injectors hidden in the body. Heritage look with modern features. I'll need to look at a fuel tank conversion using EFI hardware's EFI conversion kit and consider an ECU, perhaps Motec M800 or a Haltec equivalent.  

2.PNG

Not sure who will complete the head work and engine but at this stage I'm looking at either Peter McDonnell or Les Collins Racing, both are true professionals and will do a great job. 

Here are some shots of the motor before it will be torn down:

13147779_1793302157570892_4008555576087835568_o.jpg

13147338_1793302100904231_7306919266755984963_o.jpg

• Like 2