SAU Community

My 1975 C110 Skyline Restoration

Picked up the short motor last weekend. I supplied the L24 front sump and oil pickup as the L28 has a rear facing sump and oil pickup so the block needed to be modified to suit. 

IMG_20170104_124721686.jpg

IMG_20170104_165724855.jpg

I also had a clutch supplied with the motor as the flywheel face has been designed around the pressure plate and it’s balanced with flywheel. It's a a single plate unit consisting of a 2600lbs AP pressure plate with an Exedy organic race clutch plate, built by Jim Berry in QLD.

I've listed my Mikuni 44mm carbs and LD28 crank for sale and once they move I'll send the short motor back with the P90 head to be completed. I spoke with Jenvey about the 48mm heritage bodies and they wont be in production until March so I'll follow up then. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update time... The body is now booked in with Custom and Classic Cars for body work but probably wont be started until the end of this year due to the work they have on. I've seen quite a few projects they've worked on including another C110 and 240Z and the craftsmanship is outstanding so I'm confident the car is in good hands. 

C110 -https://www.facebook.com/pg/CustomAndClassicCars/photos/?tab=album&album_id=522151214472678

240Z - https://www.facebook.com/pg/CustomAndClassicCars/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1328888837132241

I purchased the body kit from Restored which includes the over fenders, rear wing and chin spoiler and a few more missing rubber seals. 

IMG_4386.JPG

The other big purchase is the fully built P90 head to match my 3.3ltr short block. Turns out that Locky from LCR is taking a different direction with his 240Z (matching numbers L24) and offered me the head that was built to match. Specs are:

• New 46mm Stainless Intake Valves.
  • New 35mm Stainless Exhaust Valves.
  • New Valve Guides.
  • Refaced Rockers.
  • High-side Steel Retainers.
  • HSD valve springs.
  • 54.5cc Chambers.
  • Manifold face has been drilled & tapped for an LCR external coolant rail - blanking plates included.
  • Injector notches have been welded up.
  • New Freeze Plug.
  • New Nissan Oil Gallery Plugs.
  • New Nissan Rocker Cover gasket.
  • New Kameari MLS Head Gasket.
  • Near-new Rear Collant outlet
  • Water Jet Blasted Head & Tappet Cover.

Ported by Les Collins at LCR Racing, Intake port flow (average): 228cfm @ 28" of H20 on a 90mm bore plate. This head flows enough to make 380hp at the flywheel so it should be a very strong motor for a little C110. 

DSCN3928_zpsbvwpvq4w.jpg

DSCN3929_zpstmzl1kuk.jpg

DSCN3930_zpscoo8t41b.jpg

DSCN3931_zpsgwxmkkiz.jpg

DSCN3932_zpsntilc5l2.jpg

DSCN3935_zpso5o4wulr.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

So, I hope you're sitting down for this news... I'm dropping the car off for body work next weekend! It's finally happening. The shell will go on a trailer and I'll do a weekend road trip to SA. There will be lots of progress shots on body work and I'll be busy again with the car.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I made the 1500km round trip from Melbourne to Mt Barker in South Australia over the weekend to drop the car off for body work. ETA on the job is approx 8-12 months but I should get some regular updates which I'll post. There is lots to do whilst I'm waiting, engine assembly, sourcing induction and ECU, gearbox, diff, suspension brakes etc. All of the running gear will need to be blasted and painted and there is lots of work to do on the final parts removed like the heater, aircon, steering column....

Getting a non rolling shell on a trailer is pretty tricky work!

IMG_2518.JPG

We left super early for the 9 hour drive

IMG_7405.jpg

The car looked a little sad sitting there but it's in very good hands

IMG_7457.jpg

IMG_7456.jpg

IMG_7455.jpg

I dropped the GTR grill off for reassembly and painting and the GTR rear panel too as it's painted in acrylic at the moment. 

On 27/04/2018 at 12:31 PM, Adzmax said:

lolol my favourite line

"Serious buyers only! I can’t stress this enough I know what these are worth. Don’t waist my time"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...