SAU Community

Car Covers...

LTSJayce

IMG_1480537162.318920.jpg

G'day all,
I've done a search that came up pretty much zero before asking this, but don't grill me if I missed earlier topics about this: the phone app' is still pretty clunky on such things...
So, I've seen people have customer embroidered car covers, custom 'cut' covers to suit specific cars with unique additions to the shape(big aero wings etc) and covers that have special materials inside and out to help paint or keep dust off etc...
All I want is a neat fitting, quality cover that's made for the R32 GTR. Who's got what and where did you get it? Come at me with pics and names, please!!

I have one coming for xmas. It's this one:

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/CoverALL-Car-Cover-Gold-Protection-Tyvek-Suits-Large-Extra-Large-Vehicles/366564?menuFrom=1021713

I'll let you know how it fits my R33... Hopefully that will at least give you some idea.

I'll update this thread once I have it.

• Like 1

storm-sedan-1.jpg

i had one of these on my 32. its fit for a medium was a bit too tight for my liking as it pulled too hard over corners. but the soft lining collected and held dust. i took if off one day and i could see it leaving dust on my car, i dont care about dust on my car but not on all the lining rubbing on the car.

• Like 3

tyvec car covers are great. just give the car a wipe with quick detailer and microfibre cloth before putting the cover on - keep the car and the inside of the cover clean, will never have an issue with scratching

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2016 at 11:38 AM, Steve85 said:

I have one coming for xmas. It's this one:

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/CoverALL-Car-Cover-Gold-Protection-Tyvek-Suits-Large-Extra-Large-Vehicles/366564?menuFrom=1021713

I'll let you know how it fits my R33... Hopefully that will at least give you some idea.

I'll update this thread once I have it.

How did this fit?  I want to get the same for my R33

I bought an indoor car cover from http://www.coverworld.com.au/car-covers.html

wasnt custom, just XXL sedan (could have gone one size smaller for the gloria). Its good quality and I havent noticed any marks on the car. it can get dirty underneath the cover when not being used or put on a dirty car. I just give it a vacuum.

I've got an older AutoTechnika outdoor car cover and dont recommend it. I found it rough, water seeped through and unless tied down PROPERLY would get blown off in the wind.

• Like 1

Hello. A quick update following Christmas.
Even though i specifically gave a part number, somehow I ended up with a different car cover. I think mine is a Silver or one step down on the product rung.
I have put it over the car and it is a very close fit on the rear end. The wing means that you only have about one centimeter of extra fabric. It's very very close to not fitting at the rear.
I put it on in the dark so pictures will follow...

I use two, the supercheap red fleecy/soft cover then a hailproof cover over that.  The fleecy is for to protect the paint, the hailproof - cos my car is in a carport - is for the odd rain drop and possible hailstones.  But I am pretty sure it won't stop cricketball sized hail, just the smaller golfball or lower I think.

I have a shed, but it is full, so the car had to sit in the carport.

Got the hailproof outer on ebay.  And stay away from custom covers, cos you will be replacing them every 2-5 years anyway.

• 3 weeks later...