SAU Community

Just Cars Insurance - bye bye

4 hours ago, stag98 said:

It does make sense, because the NRMA V&V scheme is specifically designed to cater for a certain assortment of vehicles, there is also a usage limitation on the V&V policy as well - where as the SP25 would likely be on a normal motor policy and on frequent usage.

My R33 GTR ($45k) is on a limited use set up with Famous and it costs less to insure than my gf's lancer ($14k) which is on an everyday usage.

I guess insurance generally only makes sense (when dealing with loss ratios, claim frequency, average claim costs, claims per age demographic, claims per vehicle make, claims per vehicle value brackets etc) for those of us who work in the industry ;)

They also don't cover you if you leave your vehicle unattended somewhere ;)

I hate the place when I can't get the same shirt I wore out from 10 years ago, or the same trousers [I tend to buy 3 or 4 of everything and stockpile to avoid this]..........now no JCI, my problems have exploded!!! I will give NRMA a call and see what they say I guess.

Shannon's also offer windscreen replacement (yearly) combine with ctp insurance and you will not only be happy with there service but I believe best value by far

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Personally I wouldn't just let your JustCar policy move over to Shannons.

They aren't cheap compared to other general insurers but that doesn't equate to a better customer experience. they'll handle your claim with the same professionalism as the cheaper ones. They do insure our more unique vehicles but so do others (eg those already mentioned in this thread) - please ring around them, get quotes, get the policy documents from the website prior so you compare like for like (or make allowances for differences in cover) 

Customer experience, I've been with Shannons for around 10yrs and just had a claim from hell - still hoping they can remediate this issue without solicitors but I've started provisional meetings - sure you'll understand can't discuss this further but don't think they are a "premium" insurer and will call back in appropriate times, follow through with actions without constant prompts etc.

On 07/12/2016 at 10:29 PM, hardsteppa said:

so what is reasonable? with Shannons here and pay about 700 per year for ' market value' (currently around 10,500) comprehensive on a modded R33..Old driver, no claims. Only thing that concerns me is I don't have salvage rights...which would be the real value if the car was ever a write off.

Shannons insurance policy - cars of a certain age automatically come with Salvage, younger cars this needs to be arranged/agreed - if you have salvage rights, it will state so on the summary policy page they send you. 

If you just agree a basic agreed value (for std vehicle) thinking you've got salvage rights note PDS, salvage doesn't apply to all write offs, eg stolen, written off, recovered.

18 hours ago, billywhiz said:

Customer experience, I've been with Shannons for around 10yrs and just had a claim from hell

what sort of issues can you tell us about John?

car was stolen, 90's import. Full comp or just laid-up cover?

In the 2013 Blue Mountains bushfire, residents with Shannon's Home or Contents insurance were given the runaround. They were so disappointed, many shifted elsewhere. 

NRMA set up a mobile office at Winmalee and paid up willingly. 

Mind you, NRMA acquired a woeful reputation in the early 2000s.

In the interests of balanced reporting - I had a not-at-fault accident in my 350GT about 3 years ago. A blind ute driver ran into the back of me - I know he was blind because the first question he asked me was "where did you come from" - I was in front of you for the last 5 minutes retard.

I was insured with Shannons, and they wrote off the car & paid me out very quickly. They gave me the choice of buying the wreck at a very reasonable price. There were no hassles, delays etc at all. I guess they knoew they would get the money from the other guy's insurance, but I was pleasantly surprised how quick & easy the process was.

I have no interest in Shannons, other being happy with the only claim I've ever had through them.

I used to have faith in Shannons but have just been through the claim process, it was a shambles. Something changed in terms of ownership apparently, and it's been downhill since then from a customer and repairer perspective. 

Still have cars insured with them but just saying...very unfortunate, they were once good to deal with.