SAU Community

R34 GTR ECM/ECCS Relay power source

GTRNUR

R34 GTR ECM/ECCS Relay power source

Hi Everyone,

For some unknown reason my ECM/Coil relay is not getting its supply power, as such the ECU is also getting no power on pints 49/59.  I have spent days trying to locate the reason for this and need some assistance in confirming a few things regarding R34 GTR wiring.

First thing of course was that I've checked all the fuses.  Initially the top row-left use (10A Electrical components fuse) was blown.  I replaced it, and it has not blown again since.

The ignition circuit that switches ground to one side of the ECCS relay is functional. 

I have tried hot-wiring power to the ECCS relay by connecting pin 3 to +12V, and the relay operates as it should and the ECU powers on properly. So there's my fix should I give up on fixing this issue properly.

The next thing I started to bypass was the aftermarket black widow alarm system, as I suspected the immobiliser relay may have gone open circuit (although it does click).  Bypassing most of these circuits, (and confirming the immobiliser relay was actually switching) was easy to confirm.  Still no go.

Yes I run a Haltech ECU, which in theory ignores the factory immobiliser.  But the immobiliser is still in the car, and there might be a fault with it. 

Does the factory immobiliser isolate the ECM relay?

Other than at the fuse box, is there another place in the car that I can check the power to the ECM relay?

Other than the alarm install, the loom is relatively unmolested.

Any idea's or suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

Fixed it, and it was more simple than I had thought.

ECCS relay power comes from the fuse box at the back of the car, being constant/unswitched power. 

Who knows the odds of blowing an IGN Electrical components fuse and a rear constant power fuse at the same time.  Possibly something to do with my upgraded ignition/haltech or all of the above. 

Either way who cares, so long as I can drive the car again!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2016 at 5:00 PM, GTRNUR said:

Fixed it, and it was more simple than I had thought.

ECCS relay power comes from the fuse box at the back of the car, being constant/unswitched power. 

Who knows the odds of blowing an IGN Electrical components fuse and a rear constant power fuse at the same time.  Possibly something to do with my upgraded ignition/haltech or all of the above. 

Either way who cares, so long as I can drive the car again!

Have the same problem with my friends R34 and at the same time coolant all leaked... strange ... will check the fuses at the back first.