SAU Community

R32 Sideview mirror shakesites while driving

R32 Sideview mirror shakesites while driving

Hey guys I noticed the other day while driving that my driver side wing/sideview mirror shakes while driving. It's not the glass that's loose it's the actual folding mirror that is loose. I searched and read some people have success opening and closing the mirrors and that locks it out solid however I didn't have luck with that. Is there screws inside that can be tightened up or something that can be done so it's stops shaking while driving? It works it's just annoying not being able to see steadily out of the mirror.

Just for clarification the mirror moves forward and backward through its sweep.

So I guess I should have just looked at it some before posting....

For anyone else who is curious about how to fix this here's the info.  Under each mirror is a small rectangular plastic piece, pop it out. I found it easiest to loosen the mirror mounting bolts so you can get a better angle however I was able to do the pass mirror without loosening.  Once you get the small cover off you will see one Phillips head screw tighten this up, now follow the wire back towards to other side of the access hole and look under the wire there will be a second Phillips there to tighten also.  Once both are tightened reinstall the covers and you're good to go.   

*side note if you want to so you don't have to go back down the road to retighten.  Pull each phillips one at a time and apply some BLUE MEDIUM STRENGTH lock tight to the thread and tighten down. Highly recommended you use blue and NOT red.

Edited by Ed.williams5
  • Like 1

Under the mirror, little rectangular panel, pull it off and tighten the screws. Removing the door card and then unbolting the mirror makes it easier (sorry haven't been on here the whole week). Yes loctite is handy, my passenger one keeps drooping because of one screw lol (I should put Loctite on it).

• Like 1

Got it all sorted guys thank you for the replies. Wanted to leave this up incase anyone else had the issue they can search and find it. 

With the 32 coming stateside now and this being the most informative forum figure there will be more people like me asking stupid questions like this lol