SAU Community

R34 GT-T track minded Promo Car

Hello

I'm Shedley, and I live in Belgium. I'm reading here for i while but i thought it wasa good moment to start my own topic!

Two years ago I bought a R34 GTT from japan, with some Nismo bits and a 3" ganador catback. It had 105k km on the clock. It took a lot of time to fix the papers and registration, but now everything is OK.

Recently I started my own business, so i thought it might be a good idea to make my own gtt the promo car!

The car will do a few trackdays a year and will be set-up for that.

To be continued....

IMG_1481234575.373779.thumb.jpg.040c5738IMG_1481234587.147884.jpg.f76eece0968f34IMG_1481234596.315242.jpg.81307f19fa9d2b

• Like 2

First update!

One and a half year ago, before i knew what i would do with the car, i bought myself a new set of HKS Hipermax IV coilovers.
It has 7kg springs in the front and 5kg in the rear. I know this will be way to soft for track work, so for that reason i've took the coilovers apart and we'll put them on the testbench. We will look to the damping and see what has to change and we will also calculate new stiffer springs.
IMG_1481234995.817593.thumb.jpg.f681ac3d

• Like 2

UPDATE!

Today, we've put the hks's on the test bench. Overall, they are good street dampers, the adjustment dail does it's job of changing the characteristics of the damper. But it almost doesn't adjust the bump, wich is crucial. So we will now dissensamble the dampers, and look if we can change something...

From my calculations, i have concluded that if i put the front springs of 7 kg/mm due to the curent power level, which should work well on track i think.
In the front i would obtain for something around 15 kg/mm.
We hope that will work, and that we could adjust the valving in a good way.

I also received another update, some Yokohama AD08 rubber, 265 square setup
IMG_1481923105.598766.jpg

Desided to sell the HKS dampers, and buy something new, 2 way adjustable.

KW competition 2 way is something what interests me but we'll see what we can get our hands on.
For now i will start with my nismo s tunes, because they have a much firmer bump damping as those hks's, rebound dampins is also hks damping X2

UPDATE!!

Some new parts have arrived [emoji108][emoji851]
Pictures will follow

What's in the box?
- adjustable tension arms
- front adjustable camber arms
- front LCA's with roll center correction and adjustable track
- rear LCA's with roll center correction and adjustable track
- rear adjustable camber arms
- traction rods
- toe rods
- hicas delete
- uniball bearings for the rear knuckle's
- rear subframe reinforcement plates
- subframe alu riser bushes
- alu differential bushes
- hell stainless brake lines

... more to come ;) [emoji847]

Update!

As i've said, there arrived a lot of parts. All off the suspension arms are being painted in a different color so pictures of those will follow, but for now, here are some pictures.

First part: Mishimoto racing thermostat (68deg.). As a nismo item isn't easy to buy up here, i ordered myself a mishimoto thermostat for my NEO engine as the original has a high opening temperature from 82deg, which isn't as good for the cylinder head heat transfer on track.

_MG_2851_zpsnjibtz07.jpg

Then up to the brake system: I've go for some Performance Fiction Brake pads to suit the original calipers, we'll see how this works. Iv'e chosen for compound 11, which i'll think will work pretty well for trackdays ..., I Hope ... :3_grin:
This wil be combined with the hell brake lines and Motul RBF660 brake fluid

_MG_2852_zpsdkmeff4c.jpg

Look to the packaging of those brake pads :banana:

_MG_2854_zpsq7vzrotk.jpg

_MG_2857_zpspkg5topa.jpg

Another small thing, as i will replace the clutch soon, i ordered also a new, bronze shifter bush

_MG_2858_zpsycwymmxa.jpg

For the clutch himself, i've done a bargain at one off my suppliers who had a this clutch in overstock, so for this reason i bought this Exedy Hyper Carbon-D Twin clutch, which should be able to hold 600 angry horses. More then enough for my goal, as i have a TD06-20g waiting on the workbench to be mounted later on, combined with a link G4+ (as i'm dealer of it:blink:), probably mounted on the stock manifold with an EXT. Gate. But i'm not sure the stock manifold will be a good choice, aiming for 275rwkw.

_MG_2862_zpseimmnhxe.jpg

_MG_2868_zps0m2sbk2m.jpg

Suspension wise, there also arrived some parts:

SPL rear knuckle uniball bushes, GKtech subframe riser bushes and some alu differential bushes

_MG_2871_zps1p8rxboj.jpg

_MG_2860_zpseu4adfin.jpg

_MG_2872_zpsoaubmtba.jpg

My wheels also arrived, yes i know, another Volk Reps ... But as i am dealer of Japan Racing, and they're giving me a nice discount as those wheels are for my promo car, I was almost forced to buy these wheels :banana::devil: They are 18x9,5 ET38 on the four corners. I've done a testfit, and it will be a very tight fit ... buuuuttt ... good news, i've contacted viva garage becease i'm intrested in the rear overfenders and front Z-tune style fenders, so we'll see if they want to ship to Belgium :17_heart_eyes:

_MG_2874_zpshwz0md71.jpg

_MG_2877_zpspppchy3r.jpg

More to come .... Exited!:2_grimacing:

• Like 1

Tires are mounted on the wheels, they look brutal [emoji13]

IMG_1483099133.851237.thumb.jpg.6ab22c35

Testfitted them on the car, the rear fits well, they are pretty even with the guards but this isn't a big isue as there will be mounted overfenders in the near future ...
The front is another story, they hit the arm who connects the knuckle to the top wishbone, so i think i'll need a spare there ...

To be continued ...

Update!!

Last week i took some time to work on the car :224_monkey: 

Subframe rubbers where crusty :2_grimacing: Good they will be replaced !
IMG_2882_zpsxtlmq4e7.jpg

For the rest of the time we took some time to disassemble the rear axle, so we could inspect everything and sandblast the subframe before welding in the reinforcements.
IMG_2886_zpsmeqkjrtz.jpg

As the diff is out of the car, i took my shot to look whats inside of it .... Aaaahhhhh, stock helical LSD .... :4_joy:
IMG_2884_zpsiricw7hz.jpg

Update!

Finally, after 7 hours of sandblasting, the subframe is ready to weld in the reinforcements. It was a hell of a job, with sometimes a failure of the machine :banana:

896CF389-D486-4A82-891D-E5071C5565BA_zps

So after this i welded in the reinforcements en took the subframe to the powercoating, normally i would have it back this evening, so then we could mount the bushings, assembly the rear suspension arms, en put the axle back under the car.

2C5B2D40-983A-4D12-87AD-74200B95637B_zps

B64A8079-86E7-4743-986A-0A15A6256648_zps

EF0D368A-0593-456A-B117-BF51D02E0F78_zps

22A63DBF-4FBE-4F61-9184-CEBE3B922E82_zps

DF5AC1AE-ABCA-4243-8286-E67A25D9CF34_zps

DF5AC1AE-ABCA-4243-8286-E67A25D9CF34_zps

9B943BDA-5F8A-498C-AC90-DE6F6DCC7185_zps

378F4309-FB08-447A-A99D-80AF72653C14_zps

11B3CADD-6E77-468D-BCEE-715865123F7A_zps

• Like 2