SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

Last night's efforts involved getting the timing kit on, checking all timing marks and getting the tension of the belt on correctly. Alternator and water pump ancillary belt on too!

Yes I know it's a Gates belt, part of me remembers I ordered a stock belt but after opening the package just the other week after a year it got me by surprise lol. Maybe the guys at 999 Automotive packed the wrong thing or I actually ordered the wrong kit, nevertheless it's on!

Brand new crank pulley on too, none of that fancy Ross business either. OEM should be good for the "stock" motor lol.

20171114_215923_HDR.thumb.jpg.749782014642aede77624a8c285f92d6.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GeeDog said:

Looking good. Where did you get the drip tray that fits over the engine stand - looks like a good idea.

I borrowed it from my mate haha.. I think he got the lot from Burson's

The quicker I get this shit box done, the quicker I can throw it on the dyno and start tuning it. Started to get the itch, thus the build thread is moving a bit faster.

Already altered my existing map for the new motor, predicting it would be a little laggier I've flattened the timing instead of ramping it once torque decays

Man I'm getting tired of putting this croc of shit together. Constantly sleeping late, skipping gym and smelling like a degreaser meth lab lol.

Tonight's effort: cam baffle plates, half moons, cam covers, cas bracket and sealed up the sump.

I ended up with 2x 10mm dark bolts that have rounded ends after the thread finishes. Not too sure where they go lol.

20171116_230853_HDR.thumb.jpg.0676b1fafdd92fc9eb1f40f618470c7f.jpg

• Like 5

Looks mint. I have some spare rb25 covers (which have been gutted internally to fit a 26) that are perfect for putting in an engine so you dont mark your freshly painted ones... but looks like the new ones are permanently on!!!

5 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Isn't building an engine a workout anyway? :P Just dead lift the engine or squat with the head or something.

I've actually injured my back several months ago... these days I'm deadlifting what my missus does at the gym and it's a struggle :(

Man I'm getting tired of putting this croc of shit together. Constantly sleeping late, skipping gym and smelling like a degreaser meth lab lol.
Tonight's effort: cam baffle plates, half moons, cam covers, cas bracket and sealed up the sump.
I ended up with 2x 10mm dark bolts that have rounded ends after the thread finishes. Not too sure where they go lol.
20171116_230853_HDR.thumb.jpg.0676b1fafdd92fc9eb1f40f618470c7f.jpg

Great work on the engine.
Brb checking if mine still in car as this engine is looking way too similar :P
  • Haha 1

So close yet so far, typical NBNish delivery lol.. Over budget and project schedule blown out of the water.

20171119_150015_HDR.thumb.jpg.0506f2e3ff835819acf655c1d903a7ad.jpg

Got the hot side on, then found out drain doesn't fit lol... Fine, eBay some dim sim goodness, should arrive soon.

20171119_115336_HDR.thumb.jpg.be7f3316b6de4958b431c881d2ed46e8.jpg

Then go and fit the coldside, started to look good.. Then yep, just my luck all thr injector boss o-rings are cracked from prolong exposure in my tool box. Decided to Yolo and ordered 1550cc Bosch injectors, Plazmaman rail and now will remove the R33 plenum and fit the R34 NEO plenum instead, this means I no longer need any injector bosses. Another delay sigh...

20171119_150105_HDR.thumb.jpg.649c5cfcd6a103d34649d2388af573a9.jpg

Oh yeah these are the two bolts that came back with my head when I got it machined and tickled, anyone have any idea where it goes? Lol 

20171119_150528_HDR.thumb.jpg.fa952f0642825328e9108f928bf3fc9f.jpg

• Like 2