SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

More parts came so more parts were installed!

New thermostat housing because my old one looks a bit tired and JHH oil distribution block, decided to remove the RB20 oil housing and went with this sexy bit of gear. Also new sensor installed too. 

Yes those are 2x -10AN fittings on the block, no need for homo sandwich plates or shitty relocation kits!

Once again thanks to the team at Kudos Motorsports!

20171129_195751_HDR.thumb.jpg.15a313b14d64b34f609a500868ef65b5.jpg

• Like 1

Nice, I was looking at these, but already went down the path of a shitty relocation kit. so next time.

might just be the photo angle, but looks like that pressure sender will foul the oil line?

6 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

More parts came so more parts were installed!

New thermostat housing because my old one looks a bit tired and JHH oil distribution block, decided to remove the RB20 oil housing and went with this sexy bit of gear. Also new sensor installed too. 

Yes those are 2x -10AN fittings on the block, no need for homo sandwich plates or shitty relocation kits!

Once again thanks to the team at Kudos Motorsports!

20171129_195751_HDR.thumb.jpg.15a313b14d64b34f609a500868ef65b5.jpg

That looks awesome but the oil filter housing/cooler has always boggled my mind in these cars.

When you fit the JHH kit, does it come with the side to put the filter on also? Do you need to use a different filter and did you need to change the stud that it mounts to (does the JHH screw on to say an RB25 block if you just remove the stock cooler) I hate to be a pain with all the questions but this does my head in haha. 

you will need the oil filter mount, I have an old HKS one lying around so will be using that.. you could easily use a BMC one which would be just as good!

And yes, you would require a new filter as the external oil filter housing I have won't fit the OEM oil filter - generally the Z422 fits :)

and and.. yes the JHH housing bolts on the place where the OEM water/heat exchanger oil filter housing goes on

2 minutes ago, NEO25T said:

Are you going to need a second fuel pump, how much power do you think you could make with the walbro on e85?

Good question, I plan to just get it to a sensible 400kW for now - then once I'm ready might get a surge tank and run dedicated -8an lines to and from the rail :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I plan to just get it to a sensible 400kW for now - then once I'm ready might get a surge tank and run dedicated -8an lines to and from the rail :)

-8 = fuel system bling :)

Bulkier fittings and lines/hoses start to become a packaging/routing problem then.

But I like.

On 08/12/2017 at 4:02 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Good question, I plan to just get it to a sensible 400kW for now - then once I'm ready might get a surge tank and run dedicated -8an lines to and from the rail :)

Do you think the walbro will go much past 400kw or is that about it for the pump?

If more fuel supply is required, just for info purposes, lets say the walbro 450 is out of flow at 400kw and you want 450kw can you add a smaller walbro 255 to the system?

Usually i read people using 2x the same pump but would be a bit overkill to use another walbro 450 pump in this case.

Also would you stage the second pump, if so what boost or rpm would you turn it on?

Sorry for all the  questions ?

No need to apologise :)

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, but I will be running a fuel pressure sensor and monitoring that. No more ghetto video recordings of the FPR on the dyno haha.

@SiR_RB with his old car and old setup did over 440kW on a single Wallahbro pump so I'm assuming I should be ok for now. If not surge tank, twin Wallahs and done lol. 

Ideally you want matched pumps if not you'll encounter massive flow issues, as one pump is delivering more than the other pump which could possibly lead to smaller one stalling.

• Thanks 1