SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

And as it was running ok, she's off the road again lol. Nissan life, spends more time off the road than on the road.

Photos are self explanatory and for the not so visible I will be running 2x Wallahbro 460L/h pumps off 2x SSR for PWM. This should allow me to control the fuel pumps based on engine load. Benefits of this are tremendous, less heat generated, less noise when doodling around, lower current drawn when engine is at lower RPM and not to mention it is just cool lol. This is one of the many reason why I've moved to a Haltech Elite 2500, although the Adaptronic is more than capable for 90% of the applications out there. Thinking about it hard enough, I could have even used the boost solenoid output of the ECU to control the fuel pumps :)

(Yes we are a Haltech club, that's Henry from Hensperformance, small one man band that turbo charges lancers and mirages, asked him to help out to get the car on the road quicker)

20180626_221634.thumb.jpg.67f0eb61f9ed50b6fe2f617b1b43b6fa.jpg

IMG-20180626-WA0030.thumb.jpeg.3c4c786229e1aa6d6963022b84d04ebc.jpeg

IMG-20180626-WA0033.thumb.jpeg.7668781649a4df3c3df66e997bd1cbed.jpeg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, TimmyMA70 said:

I just finished reading your build man, really good read! Heaps of detail too Love it.

Cheers man! It has been a shit journey but I'm nearly there! 

Also in other news, after removing about 10kg worth of amplifiers something needs to go back in so I've opted for small and lightweight Clarion Marine amps, perfect for the boat.

These will be fitted on the LHS next to the battery where as my old set up had 2x large amplifiers stacked on top over the fuel tank access.

20180627_204847.thumb.jpg.8b8d108472ec5f0e96f35e23ae53faf7.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I might look Asian but deep down inside I'm a Leb.

You need marine speakers on the outside of your car so everyone can hear your hectic choonz as you drove through cabramatta

59 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

Need the hardstyle to drown out the fuel pumps :P

fuuark need to muzz in the car too, get featured on Muzz Chop Appreciation group man!

27 minutes ago, WantGTR said:

You need marine speakers on the outside of your car so everyone can hear your hectic choonz as you drove through cabramatta

shuu, stereo so loud don't even need speakers outside - will give the Ivy a good run for noise

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^lol for a state that doesn't allow shots after 12am, no entry/re-entry after 1:30am I wonder why everyone is angry :)

Also good way to kill the economy, because of the lock out laws the statistics look great on paper and the politicians look like real heroes but what about all the unreported crime/violence that happens? 

Anyhow, went to remove my ECU on late Sunday night and surprise surprise, my heater core is weeping. Entire passenger foot well is damp, explains the horrific smell in the car.

IMG-20180701-WA0017.thumb.jpg.580a24efb391ca76a05e864e7a2f4f1c.jpg

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

^lol for a state that doesn't allow shots after 12am, no entry/re-entry after 1:30am I wonder why everyone is angry

Also good way to kill the economy, because of the lock out laws the statistics look great on paper and the politicians look like real heroes but what about all the unreported crime/violence that happens? 

Anyhow, went to remove my ECU on late Sunday night and surprise surprise, my heater core is weeping. Entire passenger foot well is damp, explains the horrific smell in the car.

IMG-20180701-WA0017.thumb.jpg.580a24efb391ca76a05e864e7a2f4f1c.jpg

What's your plan with the heater core leak mate?

56 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Looks like dash out/replace :(

This is a street/track car so at very rare times I do drive it here and there (as it's quite streetable, has decent audio/AC, etc.)

Yep, I get that completely mate. Same as my setup. I replaced mine while the dash was out for good measure.

Hit me up if you want me to look up the genuine Nissan part number on FAST for you ;)

On 7/3/2018 at 5:39 PM, TimmyMA70 said:

Hit me up if you want me to look up the genuine Nissan part number on FAST for you

Thanks Timmy! But I've already ordered some overnight parts from Queensland lolol

Thanks to @kudos.motorsports and the team there! (Not sure if Andrew even goes here anymore).

In other news some progress on the fuel system. Using both the OEM feed and return and merging it into a 8AN to be used as a return line from the rail. All bulk heads installed too, 2x 8AN for feed/return from rail and 2x 6AN for the supply/flex sensor and pre filter.

Still a shit box but no dodgy shit here, I've seen shops where lines are fed straight through the body work. Dodgy AF.

20180704_220629.thumb.jpg.6ba6c3f4f1fd7b6b2122b8f6a8ba3283.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1