SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

Progress is progress, although I really can't be fked with this shit box anymore. Buying a brand new European car has really changed me.

Anyhow, here's the surge tank at 90% DC, managed to get the twin SSRs humming away set at 100hz, tried higher however the pumps made an awful noise.

For reference that's a Aftermarket Industries SPR400 tank with twin Walbro 460L fuel pumps. 6AN lines to and from the supply tank and 8AN feed to the rail with the OEM headlines merged back into 8AN as the return. Lift pump is a DW200 which flows over 250Lph at 0 psi.

Loving the Haltech Elite 2500, all the functions at my finger tips. 

• Like 1

Fixed the electrical issue, some how 3x fuses blew and 1x relay died (no idea why/how)...

Perhaps I started the car without the dash connected which breaks the sense wire circuit to the alternator OR maybe because my mate connected up the C-TEK to the battery on RECON mode (charges at a much higher voltage).. so yeah, I wasn't going to post this on a public forum but meh:

Testing done in Hoi An, Vietnam - north of where I am at the moment. Car is untuned, on a Halaltech base map with injectors scaled correctly. Flex sensor reads E32 and compensation tables have a blanket 45% extra fuel going into it. On gate pressure hits 10.2:1 AFR LOL..

Just send it:

• Like 9

Some updates, will help monitor skids and keep the motor from going bang again.

Wiring needs to be tucked away, currently in to test all the sensors and test out the engine protection.

So this is what was wired up: Halaltech wideband, Halal 4 bar Motorsports map sensor, Halal oil temperature, Halal oil pressure, Ti fuel pressure sensor, Halal air intake temp sensor.

Also made a bracket for the oil filter housing, looks less ghetto now.

IMG-20180915-WA0028.thumb.jpg.5344264f609b824fef1c4d9e556d6a26.jpg

IMG-20180916-WA0029.thumb.jpg.62a849147fa0a83992749406e0f662bc.jpg

IMG-20180915-WA0017.thumb.jpg.854cd2ad1c90a408939f14f7e193c97a.jpg

And yeah 2x marine flux capacitors lol

IMG-20180916-WA0043.thumb.jpg.f841acef9ac9301da4c897c7517940ea.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update (photo wise), but have done the following:

• installed a reverse camera (well cabling for now) and wired it up to my new modern head unit
  • put the interior back in
  • installed new wideband sensor and removed the Innovate MTX-L kit
  • mounted up my Haltech ECU and Haltech Wideband controller (didn't want to use the Innovate, wanted CAN connectivity)

And yes, was asked by a few members why I didn't have 10 Haltech boxes to connect up my sensors and was told that Haltech is junk and belongs in the bin, it's because I know what I'm doing and making the most of what the hardware has to offer. Was also asked why I even chose a Haltech - simple reasons, good support, easy to use software and also I get decent pricing on it for my own personal cars.

If I had a massive car fund, had someone else wiring up my car and had someone else tuning my car I would simply just drive the lot to a Motec dealer/tuner and dump the car there.

For anyone interested, the following additional I/Os have been wired directly to the Haltech without any additional boxes:

• Input: Haltech Intake Air Temp Sensor
  • Input: Haltech 4bar Motorsports MAP sensor
  • Input: Haltech OIl Temperature Sensor
  • Input: Ti Automotive 5 bar Oil Pressure Sensor
  • Input: Ti Automotive 5 bar Fuel Pressure Sensor
  • Input: Continental Compact Flex Sensor (Ethanol content & Fuel Temperature)
  • Output: Solid State Relay for Pump 1
  • Output: Solid State Relay for Pump 2
  • Output: 4 port MAC Valve for Boost control

Only Haltech box is the Wideband Controller, which I wanted because it connects via the CANbus. I could have used the 0-5V output from the Innovate and wired it into the Haltech without any boxes, but that was my conscious decision.

So if anyone wants to say Haltech is junk or belongs in the bin or you need 10 boxes to hook up sensors I suggest you stop regurgitating shit from people because you've got no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 2

Seems like the car blows a bit of smoke, but hopefully it goes away.

In other news, wired up a new alarm and tidied up the horrendous shit job a "professional" did. Idiot ran a separate power lock relay for no reason when Nissan's keyless module has all the I/Os needed to trigger and control the door lock motors. Also they used speaker wire to connect the lock motor to the relay. Funny I'm not a professional by any means but the alarm install I did looks about 20x times neater and tidier. I honestly don't know how people stay in business performing such shitty work. I won't mention who did the work for the previous owner but holy shit it was poor! Clue, store is in Blacktown/Slacktown.

Anyhow.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I won't mention who did the work for the previous owner but holy shit it was poor!

This is EXACTLY how people stay in business performing such shitty work...

3 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

This is EXACTLY how people stay in business performing such shitty work...

Seems like that, they over cut the ignition power cable, so what did they do? find a 5cm piece of wire to extend it!!!!!

Not to mention, instead of using the Nissan keyless module for the interior light and/or determine if the doors are opened, they instead ran a wire up to the cabin light LOL!!!

• Haha 1

How many people ever look at how their alarm was installed though?
99% of people have no idea so they just go to the pros and leave it at that, never to know how or why certain things were done

My shitbox also has a horrendous alarm install. Previous owner paid over $1500 for it, looks like a 1 handed monkey installed it from what i've seen.  Surprisingly over 10 years later the place that fitted it is still around. 

I dint think i have ever seen a good 90s alarm install.

I cat take the high ground though i wired my own alarm on a civic once. Remote start remote central locking. "Next weekend" i was going to wire the kill circut.

Car disappeared never to be seen again. Oops

My shitbox also has a horrendous alarm install. Previous owner paid over $1500 for it, looks like a 1 handed monkey installed it from what i've seen.  Surprisingly over 10 years later the place that fitted it is still around.