SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

Natural habitat for a Nissan Skyline as she spends most of her time on jack stands waiting, waiting to be fixed or used. Other Nissan Skyline species will sit for years on car hoists and get pushed or tow from hoist to hoist often not being started for years as well.

20161221_190904.jpg

• Like 5

So since we moved into this townhouse I've had to make do without a double garage and no tool wall :(

This means all my tools are in boxes, a caddy, all in their tool blow moulds instead of nicely hung up on the wall which provides easy access. Each time doing anything small or large on the car meant 5 minutes of unboxing shit and leaving it askew all over the place. This makes for one angry Dose Pipe.

Missus detected a problem and she delivered on this for Christmas, 11/10 effort.

(yep turbo still on the ground, been too lazy and busy and be lazy to wrap it up and send it back to @hyper-gear sorry Tao!)

20161225_130318.jpg

• Like 4

On 29/12/2016 at 6:11 AM, Dr. Surge said:

Maybe stupid question but i can't seem to your other topic, but which intercooler are you running atm?

never a stupid question :)

I'm running a cheap shit bok HDi core (pretty much Hybrid) their original China 10000000x special... intake temperatures are horrendous, at 1.8bar of boost I'm logging down over 60 degrees with ambient dyno room temps of 20 degrees... nevertheless E85 is the best band aid in the world!

Will be upgrading to a better Plazmaman core one day, ironically I sell them but don't use them.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

never a stupid question :)

I'm running a cheap shit bok HDi core (pretty much Hybrid) their original China 10000000x special... intake temperatures are horrendous, at 1.8bar of boost I'm logging down over 60 degrees with ambient dyno room temps of 20 degrees... nevertheless E85 is the best band aid in the world!

Will be upgrading to a better Plazmaman core one day, ironically I sell them but don't use them.

Haha :P pretty ironical that you don't use them yourself ;) 1.8 bar ... stock RB25's aren't as weak as some peoples blame tho ... :8_laughing:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tao from @hypergearfound bits of piston inside the turbo's turbine housing. So the turbo failure wasn't actually from over speeding the wheel, nor was it from all the anti-lag launches, nor was it from the ignition cut only rpm limiter, it was from my engine spraying out bits of motor shrapnel.

Last time I did an oil change, I did recall similar pieces in the sump but pass that off as oil pump fragments lol.

So yeah, motor is coming out and not sure on what to do.. There's the NEO option which is easy, but Tao is sending me back even a larger turbo so that might go bang too, or do I just go fark it RB30?

Missus won't be happy with any option except NEO because it's our money not just mine lol.

Oh dear. 

If it's our money and not rocking the boat is an issue, go the NEO route and just don't lean as hard on the new turbo, keep the power sensible and enjoy it. 

OR accept that it will be off the road longer, keep saving and go RB30.

Just depends on if you want to wait I guess? 

You do some built RB30 long blocks pop up from time to time cheapish.