SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

20 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

and assuming you own property :) 

Not quite, we did well in Melbourne Real Estate then got sick of it. We tried to pick the top of the market and missed by about 12 months. Missed a cool quarter of mil (guesstimate obviously). We rent in hipster paradise, never had it easier. 
we'll go back into the housing market in a few years, when we think it will be at it's lowest, but for now we're just coasting, buying what we like, having fun and trying not to burn through the money that came out of selling.

6 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Not quite, we did well in Melbourne Real Estate then got sick of it. We tried to pick the top of the market and missed by about 12 months. Missed a cool quarter of mil (guesstimate obviously). We rent in hipster paradise, never had it easier. 
we'll go back into the housing market in a few years, when we think it will be at it's lowest, but for now we're just coasting, buying what we like, having fun and trying not to burn through the money that came out of selling.

But you have assets/savings, that's all that matters!

There are plenty of folks who burn all their cash on shit and have the latest and greatest whiz bang parts - which I think is a poor life choice.

If you ever have some spare time, look at Leppington, Austral, etc. near Badgery's Creek airport in NSW. It will be zoned for 24/7 flights and assuming so would mean 24/7 businesses/companies/logistic hubs.

Future plans for train extension from Leppington -> Airport.

Just an idea :) 

9 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

But you have assets/savings, that's all that matters!

There are plenty of folks who burn all their cash on shit and have the latest and greatest whiz bang parts - which I think is a poor life choice.

If you ever have some spare time, look at Leppington, Austral, etc. near Badgery's Creek airport in NSW. It will be zoned for 24/7 flights and assuming so would mean 24/7 businesses/companies/logistic hubs.

Future plans for train extension from Leppington -> Airport.

Just an idea :) 

100%. We are pretty well ahead. 
And you are the second person to give me this heads up so, i guess i'll have to start looking into it. :)

1 minute ago, Steve85 said:

100%. We are pretty well ahead. 
And you are the second person to give me this heads up so, i guess i'll have to start looking into it. :)

I've been getting heaps of calls from Willowdale, Pinnacle, etc. they're dropping their prices too for off the plan or just land alone.

Tempted to buy, but I think they will drop further as most mum/dad investors are scared of the risk associated - also banks are under valuing the properties/blocks of land.

Last I looked, a 430 sq metre block on 8th Avenue, Austral was asking $450k, 10% up front nearly 1 year delayed settlement (end of 2019). Still looks like there are few lots left.

Downside for us, because of the market slump, our evalutions have been shit - thus less equity to use as capital, so we'll just enjoy life a bit more and fry cash on the stupid R33 LOL

• Like 1

I live in Edmo Park in the family home, 5 years old. Laughing at the tiny blocks of land going for half mil, but also crying because I won't be able to afford anything in Sydney. I'll look at moving into the mountains in 5 years time.

Also, 4 unit maths fwuaahhhh. I did 3 unit, was tough but 1st year uni in engineering was easier

1 hour ago, Vodkashotx said:

Man that sucks, I've been there before.

Other than f**k bitches and get money, What do you actually do for a living?

I'm a Business Analyst with experience in point of sales, ETL, ERP interfaces and e-commerce 

59 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Finance, BI/BA, or IT I reckon.

Nerd.

Yeah lol... but I also tune cars for less than shops and spend more hours on them.

Might need to start tuning more soon, I've managed to get access to an AWD dyno in Wetherill Park :)

• Like 1